Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielS
Message 11 of 18

Re: Removing BT FON (So Difficult)

Go to solution

Hi @magpie03,

I'm sorry that it's still active on your Hub. We may need to opt you out on our side. The worst case scenario is that it can take up to 28 days once we've raised our request. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @magpie03,

I'm sorry that it's still active on your Hub. We may need to opt you out on our side. The worst case scenario is that it can take up to 28 days once we've raised our request. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Thank for your reply Daniel I have sent the information via the link you said.

Thanks

B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Think i had to reboot my router before it showed as deactivated as well.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
Just wanted to say that's it's now been removed from my router.
Thank you very much!!
0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution
Don’t forget if you Factory Reset the hub it will come back.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @magpie03,

Thank you for posting back and confirming that's been fixed.

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

I see similar posts from time to time and puzzle why people are bothered one way or another.   I am more bothered that I have never managed to log into a FON spot when abroad.  What is the issue with leaving FON active?

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

I agree with @gspearson. The system is completely harmless to the networks behind hotspots and I suspect it's only an issue for people who want to turn it off because they can, albeit with some difficulty. It would be simpler as a fixed feature of BT home hubs; anyone still paranoid about providing a hotspot for others can always get a third-party router, possibly benefitting from better performance than they get the notoriously flaky BT ones.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.