Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
col_H
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Removing files from BT Cloud

Go to solution

Hi,

When I recently updated the BT Cloud software on my Win7 PC, the default folder settings reverted to backing up folders such as "Pictures" and "Music".

BT Cloud then locked itself up and wouldn't respond to any input.

As a result, I've flooded my 50Gb storage space with a load of music files I don't want backed up (I'd rather keep my photos only in BT Cloud)

I can't find how to remove files backed up.  The Music folder is no longer selected as backed up, so when I look at my settings, I've only got 40Gb of photos and 40Mb of videos to backup, yet I've run out of space.

I have a load of music files I can't delete though!

How can I remove or delete them from BT Cloud?

Cheers

Col

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Removing files from BT Cloud

Go to solution

Hi Col,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having deleting your music files from the BT Cloud.  If you check out this link it will show you instructions on how to remove the unwanted files. Post back to let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
col_H
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Sorry, but I've tried that and it simply doesn't work.

I only have 2 directories selected to backup, yet I have multiple directories present when I look at the BT Cloud app.

I'm not even able to individually remove files from the "Music" folder the app has managed to backup.

So as a result, I'm out of space, and am not fully backing up the folders I want backed up - namely my photos.

Any chance that next time around, someone QAs the app you release?  Or is the intention to spuriously fill the account with files so that people are pressured into paying for increased space?  Am I being paranoid?

Regards

Col

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

col_H wrote:

I'm not even able to individually remove files from the "Music" folder the app has managed to backup.

So as a result, I'm out of space, and am not fully backing up the folders I want backed up - namely my photos.

Have you tried accessing your BT Cloud storage via the web interface? I would think from there you should be able to remove any of the files?

You can login to the MyBT page and then access BT Cloud from there, or just go directly to https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ and login.

...  Am I being paranoid?

Yes. We know this because for some time we have had people following you and watching your every move who have confirmed this. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dunxmac
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I can't work out how to post on this forum. There is no link anywhere... So apologies for replying here. I've uninstalled BT Cloud from my PC, but want to know whether my remote files will also be deleted. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
No if all you have done is remove the software from that PC.

Try logging in via the web interface from a browser (link in earlier message) and see if the files are there and delete them as necessary.
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

How do you delete hundreds of unwanted files from Cloud which have been uploaded in error without selecting every one individually? 

I just just started trying to use it and got it very wrong, so I want to clear out absolutely everything and start again more carefully.

Edit: 

I have discovered the answer.  Ctrl-A selects all. 

Never thought of that -  obvious when you find it though!