Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bettykitten
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Removing parental controls- Fully.

I had set up parental controls, then had lots of issues getting on to varies sites so removed it.

Had issues with BT advising of how to remove it.

During the time frame that I had set the parental controls for 4:30-6 I’m still unable to access fb via safari and unable to send pictures via what’s app.

my BT manager states that parental controls is not active but these issues still remain as if it was still active.

A9C149AE-5CE1-476F-BE8B-B199C28FF642.pngTrying to access fb via safari

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Removing parental controls- Fully.

Hi @Bettykitten Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, sorry about the delay getting back to you. Did you follow the instructions as shown below to turn off the parental controls?

Turning off BT Parental Controls temporarily:

Should you wish to turn off your BT Parental Controls at any time there's a simple way to do this whilst keeping your settings, should you wish to reactivate Parental Controls. Here's how:

1. Log in to My BT with your BT ID
  2. Scroll down to the 'My Extras' section and click Personalise your settings in the 'Parental Controls' panel
  3. Slide the button to ‘Off’ in the BT Parental Controls section and your BT Parental Controls will be switched off

4. To turn them back on slide the button to ‘On’. It’s that simple and any settings you have saved will be restored
  5. It may take up to 10 minutes for filters to be applied to an active browser session.

Turning off BT Parental Controls permanently:

We don't recommend deleting your BT Parental Controls completely as you'll lose all your settings. It's easier to turn them off temporarily, and if you decide you want them back, you can just flick them back on.

If you still want to delete BT Parental Controls completely, first turn them off temporarily by following the steps above.

1. Now select Delete settings underneath the slider

Parental Controls

2. You then receive a final confirmation screen. Select Yes, De-activate now

Parental Controls

3. It can take up to two hours for BT Parental Controls to be completely deactivated.
Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bettykitten
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Spoiler
Yes I have followed all those instructions and when I log into my bt is states that the parental controls are off, however this only happens to affect Facebook and what’s app during the time frame when the parental controls would have been active.

A1140AFA-CC65-4BF5-9F72-A64886290954.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Bettykitten  sorry that the parental controls are still working after you have switched them off. Will you try a Restart of your Hub and see if that helps. Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bettykitten
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

613B2032-D155-42DE-881D-96CB601A2CE1.png

Tried the restarting of the hub as connection has dropped in and out all day and still not changed. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Bettykitten 

Thanks for posting back and trying the steps the guys had suggested.  Sorry you're still having problems.

We will need to take a closer look at this for you from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bettykitten
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Have sent information finally after having issues ! 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Bettykitten 

Good speaking with you today, thanks for taking my call 🙂

As discussed, I have raised a fault with the relevant team.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for confirming this now sorted for you @Bettykitten 🙂

If anyone else is having a similar issue, it's worth checking that you haven't enabled "Homework Time".

This is an additional filter that blocks  social networking, gaming and cheating websites within a specified window.

Turning parental controls off does not actually disable Homework Time - it needs to be turned off separately (and you need to turn on parental controls again temporarily before you can edit or turn off Homework Time).

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”