cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Restoring multiple folders all at once

How do you select all the files in a drive (15,000 + files) saved in BT Cloud and download to PC

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Restoring multiple folders all at once

Pure guess; by creating a synch'd folder on your PC.

Test it first with some empty or .txt files created specially for the purpose so that you don't lose everything on the cloud

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Not sure if this helps but if I want to download files I usually go to the BT Cloud website then select and browse through ‘All My Files’. You can select the Desktop / Laptop and then navigate your way through all of the files displayed or individual. Then click on the ‘Download’  option.

If you click on the BT Cloud folder within ‘All My Files’  you’ll also see all the mobile / tablet devices and their associated files too.  If you simply want a copy (rather than keeping the file synchronised on other devices with any changes you may make to it) these can be downloaded too. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Sorry but I’ve realised you are looking to restore the files back to where they came from  complete with the same directory structure, rather than simply download the files. For that you’ll need the Restore feature under the Backup tab in the Desktop app.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

following - as I'd be interested in the answer to this one as in the latest version 20.3.10 (Mac) there is no restore button on the Backup tab. So for me it is impossible to easily restore anything. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

See my earlier post (message 2)

I gave up struggling with the BT cloud long ago, I didn't find it at all user friendly, however I still have some old content on there.

Purely for the purpose of testing my earlier post, I have just downloaded and installed the BT app on my laptop and set a synchronised folder, every file that I left in that folder on the cloud is now on my laptop and remains in the cloud (which is a bit of a pain as they are all out of date and I now have to delete them all)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Dear All, thank you for replies. I have now discovered that the following works, as pddco has stated.

To select multiple folders / files and restore to PC from BT Cloud.

Open BT Dashboard, click on Backup, click on Restore, Window will show all backups completed to BT Cloud, select which backup and then select the triangle opposite the drive and click in the box that is pink, or drill down into the backup to select the folders etc. required. All of the folders, sub folders etc will then be selected and details displayed at the bottom left of the window. Click next and select the location you wish the restore to go to and click OK. The restore will take quite a long time dependant on your internet download speed. I live in Cornwall with a download speed of between 10-18 Mb/s and 25GB took about 6 hours, tedious but it works and none of having to go to each folder/file to select them individually, hell if you have many files, mine was 2,500 folders and 27,000 files.

I struggled to find this info in the BT Cloud manual so hope this is helpful to all who are struggling with this.