Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sievans2364
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Router reset logs

Go to solution
Hi

If my router resets itself, is there any way to see in the logs if this was done automatically by the router or if it was done manually?

Thanks
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
sievans2364
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: Router reset logs

Go to solution
In the router logs for the day in question, there is an entry called 'Reset to Defaults button pressed'.

Am I right in assuming this means that someone manually reset the router using the small button on the back to generate that entry?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

That would appear to be correct.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

From that I would take it that someone manually reset back to factory default by pressing and holding the recessed button on the back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I may be wrong but I suspect that you have set access controls on the Homehub and somebody is resetting the hub to get around them. If that is the case there is no way to stop that from happening other than locking the hub away where it can not be reached.

sievans2364
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for the replies. Miraculously my son suddenly admitted manually resetting it to get around his wi fi being turned off for a week once I said this to him after initially denying it!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

The only sure way to stop access is to disconnect the router and lock it away. If you rely on software there is always a way around it and most kids know how to do it or at least know somebody who will be able to tell them how to do it. 

sievans2364
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
True but that stops anyone else in the house having access. He will learn eventually...the hard way!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

You can't always get a second hand hub, disconnect existing hub and connect replacement providing nobody else is home which will give unlimited internet connection. When finished just reconnect existing hub and unless you checked connection time you would never know

just thinking like a teenager.😊

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

I'm sure you will sort it out. Keep in mind that if you remove his wireless devices he can always borrow a friends so you need to check the hub logs to see if any new devices that you are not aware of are connected.