cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

SMS by BT?

Go to solution

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether it's possible to text a recipient on a smartphone from a pc & vice versa?

Skype does something like that but it seems to require payment. BT, being "a world wide leader in telecommunications" seems to be an ideal platform but I can't find anything.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

Martin

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: SMS by BT?

Go to solution

Most people have a smart phone today and the majority for sure have a number of free texts in their monthly allowance. For example, I have 1,000 and frequently manage to send 4 or 5 messages a month!

Are you asking because someone doesn't have a smart phone and wants to send messages to other people who DO have smart phones?

A little more information will help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
I replied earlier but did not appear. Is it being vetted?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@margrovewrote:
I replied earlier but did not appear. Is it being vetted?

I doubt your reply was vetted rather you most likely forgot to press the POST button.

Have another go!

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Sheesh.... As I was saying
I'm the one without the smartphone. My kids and grandkids all have these bl.... things. I can't justify investing in one just for SMS, hence the query!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@margrove wrote:
Sheesh.... As I was saying
I'm the one without the smartphone. My kids and grandkids all have these bl.... things. I can't justify investing in one just for SMS, hence the query!

You do not need a smartphone, a cheap basic mobile phone can send text messages.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @margrove welcome to the BT community forums and thanks for posting,  if you have a text compatible landline handset and caller display you can send and receive texts on the landline. For more information check out this link. All about BT Text

Thanks

Neil

BT Community Moderator 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for responding, Neil & Keith!

I was hoping that there would be an existing and simple solution already present, BT being the Comms giant that it is. Did I mention free?

Those little handheld things are hard to see and even harder to manipulate the miniscule "keyboard"  😞      and my 20yr old handset is still working fine, thank you!

Yes I'm a tight old f***t, sorry

Thanks for the help, anyway!

Martin

0 Ratings