Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cowshill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Save button doesn't work on Manage BT Smart Talk page

Go to solution

The subject says it all. I am trying to remove my user on the Manage BT Smart Talk page in order to recreate and activate Smart Talk on my new smart phone. When I click the Save button nothing happens. I also want to uncheck  the Block New Sign-ups button, but once again clicking Save has no effect.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Save button doesn't work on Manage BT Smart Talk page

Go to solution

The first issue can be overcome quite easily, but if you cannot untick the block new signups, then it would not be possible.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
cowshill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Since making the original post, I now find that when I attempt to return to the Manage BT Smart Talk page I just get a totally blank page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

That sound like an issue with the web browser cacheing old pages.

Which web browser are you using?

0 Ratings
cowshill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I'm using Chrome on a Mac Air running the latest HIgh Sierra updates. I have already tried clearing cache and logging out and back in. Still get just a blank page.

I also just tried Firefox which I have not used for months and have probably never logged into BT with. Still got the blank page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

That does sound like an account issue then. You will have to wait for a moderator to respond.

If you have not disabled new signups, then the problem could have been overcome quite easily.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @cowshill,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with our service. We can manually remove the number if you can't. Try accessing the page again now please. Also, try and set the app up on your new phone. If you still have issues we'll need to take a closer look.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
cowshill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Daniel,

I was able to get into the Manage page now and the Block New Sign-ups checkbox has been cleared. The page lists one active user, me as the BT Account Holder. When I bring up the Smart Talk app on my phone, it tells me my account is being used by another device, presumably my previous phone. It tells me to cancel the other phone on mybt and I assume that means to remove my current user on the Manage Smart Talk page. However when I select remove user and then click save nothing happen other rhan a blue border appears around the save button.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If you take a look at this page, it should help you to enable your new phone.

BT SmartTalk issues

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

There may be a delay in removing it if you've already requested it. I can manually remove it from here which would let you set it up again. You can reach me by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings