Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Scrolling

Go to solution
I'm not able to scroll pictures when in "All Files" on my android phone (Galaxy S5) but I can on IOS Apple device.

Is this my phone or is this something peculiar to android?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Scrolling

Go to solution

@yellowandgreen wrote:
I'm not able to scroll pictures when in "All Files" on my android phone (Galaxy S5) but I can on IOS Apple device.

Is this my phone or is this something peculiar to android?

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1.

If you go to "Gallery" you can scroll through your pictures. This applies to pictures you have taken on your own Mobile Phone.

Not sure what happens if you have transferred some photos from a pc, although logically it should work, as if if were a tablet.

The menu options in Gallery are intuitive.

If you go to "My Files", then you can view your pictures in a listing of thumbnails and select, as required. I can't find an "All Files" icon, only "My Files". 

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Definitely says "All Files" on my phone. It is in "All Files" where I would like to scroll my pictures.

If I create a folder and then put pictures in the folder I can't scroll those pictures in the App on my S5 but I can on an Apple IOS device.

I can scroll in time line or if I create an Album, I can then scroll the pictures on my android.

The pictures were originally placed into folders on my desktop. Don't see the point of creating folders and Albums as I have essentially created those albums as folders on my desk top.

Scrolling works in those folders on an IOS, so why not an android? I'm sure you'll appreciate thumb nails are too small on a smart phone to see the pictures properly. Hence I would like to scroll.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@yellowandgreen wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Definitely says "All Files" on my phone. It is in "All Files" where I would like to scroll my pictures.

If I create a folder and then put pictures in the folder I can't scroll those pictures in the App on my S5 but I can on an Apple IOS device.

I can scroll in time line or if I create an Album, I can then scroll the pictures on my android.

The pictures were originally placed into folders on my desktop. Don't see the point of creating folders and Albums as I have essentially created those albums as folders on my desk top.

Scrolling works in those folders on an IOS, so why not an android? I'm sure you'll appreciate thumb nails are too small on a smart phone to see the pictures properly. Hence I would like to scroll.

Interesting point. (This makes an interesting diversion from BT problems!)

However, after some checks when exporting from the Windows 10 to the Galaxy S5, I've found what may be a compromise.

The "All Files", (My files, here on Android 6.0.1), is essentially just a file manager, not a display/scrolling/slide show utility.

I exported a folder from the laptop to the S5, and it shows in the Gallery as a separate, folder, or section, or Album.

If you tap on that folder you obtain a grid view of images as thumbnails., - slightly larger than the views in the All Files listing.

Tap on one thumbnail, and you see a full sized image. You can then srcoll through that folder by dragging across - left to right or right to left.

Not quite what you were looking for, but an alternative.

You can send the images to the SD card if you have one installed, as it saves on memory.

A different approach to Apple devices. I use an iPad, with only a fixed memory. After that you have to store in the Cloud.

You can also do this with the Galaxy.

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
It is a bit odd this, because the All Files scrolls fine with IOS devices but not android, as far as I know.

You would expect the developers to make both operating systems work the same.

Don't want to have to create two different files. Should just be able to upload pictures to my desktop, create a folder in the cloud on the desktop and then this is automatically synced to my other devices.

Any explanation from the software company behind the cloud as to why the difference would be useful.
0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
After the latest upgrade pictures now scroll on my S5 in All Files.

Excellent.
0 Ratings