Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Smart Hub 2 access control management with MyBT app

Go to solution

Of course it will never prevent the sledgehammer approach but it does go some way to prevent more subtle approaches.

0 Ratings
EricW
Beginner
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
I believe the idea is to prevent unauthorised circumvention of the access control by those subject to it.

Oh, Like the Admin password you mean 😉

All BT have done is created a function you need to buy another device to control. Are they on a cut of Apple/Android profits per chance?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

@EricW wrote:

Oh, Like the Admin password you mean 😉

Err, no. They would need access to your BTID password and app login.

0 Ratings
EricW
Beginner
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

BTID and password needed for the BTApp I presume.  Not to access the router. (Admin password).  

No mobile devices so BTApp details are irrelevant.

It appears BT have created a function on router a you cant access unless you buy an Apple or Android device.   A big backhander was on offer no doubt. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Access control can now only be accessed using BTID and app password via a smart phone/tablet, router still needs admin password but access control is not available.

As previously stated, it is an attempt to make access control less easily circumvented. I guess you are the one household in the country that wants access control but doesn't have a smart phone.

0 Ratings
Shellbill81
Beginner
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Im going to give this a go and see if it works for me too.  Im not getting any option for access controls.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Shellbill81, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you'll find access controls for your Smart Hub 2 in the My BT app. They're now called Wi-Fi controls.

1. From the app, click More then select Your wi-fi network
  2. Select Control wi-fi access for your devices to manage your screen time online
0 Ratings
wrighar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

I'm being sent a Smart Hub 2 as the Access Control List function in the Home Hub 6 (original Smart Hub) is broken and the olnly solution is "get sent a free Smart Hub 2 as that's not got broken ACL's"

Am I now stuck as what I'm reading says I need a mobile smart phone to access the access contrrols?

I don't have a mobile phone, and don't want one.

I require Access Control Lists to stop my children using their laptops and ancient tablets (android gingerbread) beyond certain times.

Tell me I'm still able to control access lists via a browser session on a PC.

0 Ratings
maidenpriest
Beginner
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Hello, I have been using BT for some time (well my whole 49 years to be pendantic) and have upgraded to Smart Hub 2 but the Access Control Pause Internet Access is 'Off' and I can not switch it on, how do I go back to the control set up of my previous Smart Hub 1, so i can limit time my children uses there devices ?? I have a disability and can not use a smart phone which contains this feature of the program please tell me that BT is not discriminating me because of this, before I would just go in and change what I needed through the settings through the hub manager on my PC, I don't particularly like the idea of having to stop using BT because i can not access a smart phone ? 😞

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @maidenpriest,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems setting up Access Controls on your Smart Hub 2. Setting up Access Controls (Wifi Controls) for the Smart Hub 2 is done through the MY BT App on a smartphone or tablet.

I'm sorry if this isn't suitable. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at what options are available. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings