Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DawkinsDog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub BT-Fon Hotspot?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've just had "fun" setting up my new Smart Hub and, I think, everything is working again, except for one thing.

In the settings it is saying the BT Wi-fi Hotspot is turned off. I'm presuming this means the BT-Fon free hotspot that my hold Home Hub 4 would transmit, and I'm not seeing anything like BT-Fon with any of my devices.

There's no way I can see to enable this hotspot and I'm concerned that it will consequently not allow me to connect to any of the free hotspots we're supposed to get as part of the Infinity 2 service, given that I understood it was a recipricol arrangement where only those operating one could connect to others. If I click the link for information it just tries to sell me a broadband package.

Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
Steve

♦ Purveyor of paw based punditry on Twitter where I don the doggy disguise of DawkinsDog ♦
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub BT-Fon Hotspot?

Go to solution

What does it say here? If it confirms you're still opted in, you don't actually need to be transmitting a hot spot (eg if you have a non-BT router) to be able to use the free service.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
DawkinsDog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Pottyperson,

Thanks for that, I just checked and it's still showing Opted In. Guess I can relax. Was worried as I'm so used to seeing that Bt-Fon network listed.

Cheers,
Steve
♦ Purveyor of paw based punditry on Twitter where I don the doggy disguise of DawkinsDog ♦
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Maybe it takes a while for the SSID to get through the system to your new hub.

Anyway, it looks as though you'll be OK to use the service but please come back here if there are any problems when you try it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DavidAA
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I have had the new smart hub 6 for just over 3 weeks and although I am showing as opted in I am not showing a wifi fon hotspot signal, I have opted out and in again but has made no difference. The wifi help desk has advised me that is a known problem what needs a software update to the hub to fix and this is in progress but no date as yet for the roll out. Can still use wifi fon when out but if this is across the country the hot spot log in points will be reducing till the issue is fixed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@DavidAA wrote:

Can still use wifi fon when out but if this is across the country the hot spot log in points will be reducing till the issue is fixed.

At present, I would suspect that the majority of HH6 users are new customers who would not have previously been transmitting the BTWifi signal, and only few would be customers replacing their present Homehub with a HH6 so I doubt it will have much effect on the number of hotspots decreasing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

there are other post about BTWIFI and it seems that the new hub is looking in wrong place to check if you are opted in which hopefully will be corrected in next firmware update

I opted out then back in again and my BTWIFI is now showing as active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings