Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Smart Talk App Echo/Feedback Problem

Go to solution

Smart Talk App Echo/Feedback Problem

Recently been using this App on Android Jelly Bean Phone and recipients of my calls have complained of echo/feedback of their own voices (and none on handsfree).

I have today for the first time received a call via someone else's BT Smart Talk App and the echo/feedback was unbelieveable. It is as if the recipients phone's speaker is picked up by that phone's microphone and fed straight back to the caller (with the usual internet delay of course).

The recipient of that last call today and I have tried calls to each other both ways and the problem (really terrible) is the same either way for the recipient. It makes conversation almost impossible and certainly very irritating.

We can't be the only ones with this problem and hopefully someone has a solution?? Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Talk App Echo/Feedback Problem

Go to solution
There was an android update in last few days and I wonder if that has caused your problem. The app has been working on my S2 without a problem but not used since update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, but the loop was happening before the update a couple of days ago.
0 Ratings
danielj1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I've had this exact same Echo feedback problem reported to me by several people I have called numerous times over several months using two different Android Jelly Bean phones; a Sony Experia SP (C5303) and a Tinji i-9300.

Come on BT, sort this problem out please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sheryck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Further to my recipient's echo problems I have experimented and found that if I turn the volume right down until I can only just hear the person I am ringing then the echo for that person is slight and acceptable. I will consider this topic closed.
0 Ratings
Ber121b
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
No it does not solve the issue. Why would I want to turn the volume down so I can hardly hear, added to which the coverage using the BT supplied router ( in last 2 months with BT INfiniti) as far as Smart talk is concerned is quite simply dreadful.

About 6 months ago all this worked fine, now, well forget it as a communications medium.
0 Ratings
Stufix
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I've tried to use the Smarttalk app (Android, Nexus 4) over the past couple of days and the person at the other end hears very bad echo.

l can't find any other recent posts on this issue so am I the only one? Is there a good fix, apart from turning the volume down.

I guess the problem us related to the mobile handset microphone not being muted when the other end us speaking.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings