0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
gilgra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Smart Talk Stuck on Set Up Page

Go to solution

Smart Phone App

I tried to set up the Smart Talk App on my iPhone in April but it couldn’t get past the Set up page, I tried chat and they couldn’t help but as I was going away, I didn’t have time to phone the number given, although I did continually try in the UK, Spain and France to get it past the “Set up my account” page. My partner has an identical phone and that set up without a problem, also other BT Apps work, so I doubt if it’s my phone.

On return I’ve deleted the App, downloaded the App again, set it up again and exactly the same problem, stuck at the set up page, I’ve put off contacting BT, because I know how useless they are with mobiles, till today and guess what, they’re useless with mobiles!

My plea for help. I went on chat not long after 1500 hrs on 8th July, they couldn’t help so was told to phone 0800 800 151, which I did, going through the rigmarole, I chatted a while and they couldn’t help but was told to phone 0800 111 4567, which I did. I went through the rigmarole (we all know what that entails), got an assistant and who hung up at the second hello. So, I went through the rigmarole for the third time, eventually got through again and after a confusing chat and some music was told I’d been put through to home telephone technical and not mobile, therefore, I’d been given the wrong number. However, I would be immediately transferred to the correct number, after some music, I was disconnected and began losing the will to live, also, as it was heading towards 1600 hrs I decided I wanted to do something different with my life. I can see no point going round in the infinity symbol BT seemed to have devised for problem solving, I can’t email and writing would give some satisfaction but no result.

Therefore has anyone the number for the department that deals with mobile phone technical problems in relation to the Smart Phone App?

0 Ratings
gilgra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Smart Talk Won't Work, No Help

Go to solution

Has anyone the number for the department that deals with mobile phone technical problems in relation to the Smart Phone App? I can't get help from anyone and believe me I've tried.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Re: Smart Talk Won't Work, No Help

Go to solution

are you having problems downloading the app, registering for smarttalk, getting it to work or something else?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gilgra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Re: Smart Talk Won't Work, No Help

Go to solution

It's stuck on the Set Up. I posted on 8/7/16 under Smart Talk Stuck on Set Up Page  with a full explanation but must have bored folk to death, as I had no replies, so I shortened the entry.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Re: Smart Talk App

Go to solution

Hi @gilgra and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the SmartTalk app to work. Can you be more specific about what the issue is? Have you had a look at Fix problems signing up to BT SmartTalk?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gilgra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I've tried everything. I get as far as getting the PIN number phoned through, then I get the Error Message and Try Again.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @gilgra,

Thanks for checking that. I'm moved your older thread so we have all the information in the same place. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you send me over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gilgra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I've gone to what I think is your profile https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17 but can't find "the contact the moderators link" I can see Contact Me but that's just text.

What info do you need?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@gilgra

Use the link as shown below.

https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17

0 Ratings