Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Smart Talk Registration Problem

Go to solution

Hello

I've recently moved from Virgin to BT but the Smart Talk System will not let me sign up.

Has anyone come across this problem with SmartTalk?

Basically

Open app 

Logs in with BT username and password ok

Phones landline with code

Accepts landline code

Sends text to mobile

Accepts text message code

Goes to setting up the account

All looks like it's just about to complete

then

Unexpexted error - Please try again.  If you still have trouble, try closing and restarting the app.

Closing and restart - same error again.

I've tried using different BT usernames/passwords and also tried on iPhone and Android and get the exact same error messages.

Spoken to the BT Smart Talk help desk in India - but they've no idea, as the error is not in their manual.  BT Twitter team normally helpful, but now just point you to online chat in India, who make an appointment to ring you back and then don't know.  Back around in a circle!

There are no visiable open orders or faults on the account.

Please help!!

Screenshot_2016-05-01-15-48-55.pngAndroidimage1 (1).pngiPhone Error

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Smart Talk Registration Problem

Go to solution

@Nucky Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry about the registration issues you're having with the smart talk app. We'll need to get this looked into from our side. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
@NeilO The smart talk help desk in India phoned today to make an appointment for another call back ..... around we go again.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Whatever the India desk are doing, I'd still follow up the above invitation from one of the mod team if I were you Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution
Maybe worth un installing the app followed by a reinstall
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Longbridge158
Beginner
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

I'm getting exactly the same when trying to setup Smart Talk, goes all the way to the end and then "Unexpected error". I'ce spoken to the help desk in India and they told me this was a known issue and the engineering team were investigating, they would call me back when fixed.

I've tried this morning (even deleted and reinstalled the app) but still the same message.

Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

@Longbridge158 Wow some sort of acknowledgement that there is a problem. The help desk in India keep telling me it must be my phone, even though I've tried on two iPhones and an Android. I've spoken to them so many times and just go around in a circle with them making more notes and referring to some offline team that don't speak, only communicate via internal message.

The app works via another BT account (more than one phone number), so I know they're wrong.

Cheers for the update. I wonder how long it will be before a fix.

0 Ratings
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

@NeilO Smrarttalk India helpdesk phoned last night to say the fault had been found and all should be working ..... Tried it and it's still the same fault with the same error message. 

Incident: 160503-*****

0 Ratings
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

When I log into www.bt.com/myoffer

I get this message

Packages: Choose a package

Thank you! You have chosen to bring your calls and line back to BT, and have chosen BT Infinity fibre optic broadband.

We can see that you currently have both services with another provider, so we will need to take care of this for you in 2 stages.

First, we will move your telephone line to BT. We will then contact you and arrange to transfer your broadband from your current provider, and at which point we will give you your broadband speed estimate.

Please re-confirm below the BT package you would like.

It looks to me like the number port order is not been marked as complete, as I have BT Infinity and my calls are with BT. 

Maybe that's preventing smart talk?

0 Ratings
Longbridge158
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@Nucky That's interesting I get the same message when logging into www.bt.com/myoffer

I've been with BT for over 3 years, so not sure why it is saying I've chosen to bring calls and line back to BT....Smiley Indifferent

But you could be right, this could be why the SmarkTalk setup doesn't complete....

0 Ratings