Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Smart Talk Registration Problem

Go to solution

@NeilO @Longbridge158

Happy Days - it's working for me!

Both smarttalk and myoffer!

I've had no word to say what the problem was .... but at least it's sorted.

I suppose we got there in the end!

Longbridge158
Beginner
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

@Nucky Glag you got it sorted. Just tried mine again and still getting the same error.

0 Ratings
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Maybe the mods @NeilO would offer to help. If they read the notes on my issue they should be able to apply the same fix, as it sounds like exactly the same issue. I guess they'd need your details, so they'd need to make the contact form link available to you.

0 Ratings
lilaclily
Beginner
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Hi, I'm glad you were able to get this issue sorted out. I have exactly the same problem but opened a new thread as I hadn't gone this far back looking at other threads then.

As well as the 'smart talk' and 'offers' problem I also can't manage my calling features.

I have a lovely mod called @RobbieMac helping but keep missing his calls Smiley Sad!

He has tried removing my account and setting it up again but that hasn't helped. He has now logged it as a fault.

It would help if we knew what they did to fix your problem @Nucky as it sounds like the same issue.

0 Ratings
Nucky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution
@lilaclily I've no idea what the issue was - I didn't get told.

However has there now has been a £129 charge added to my bill I think it may be have been due to a fault that was not closed down correctly.

Guess that's my next fight!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

@Nucky That charge is usually applied if the engineer found the fault with your own wiring or equipment.  If you need to query this I'd recommend you contact the billing helpdesk on this link.

0 Ratings
lilaclily
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

I'm no nearer getting the issue resolved and have reached the point of giving up to be honest.

Beginning to wonder if I really need to use Smart Talk, or to access my account fully. I've managed without since April and will probably switch away from BT when the 12 months are up anyway.

I certainly don't want charges adding to my account, especially not for something that hasn't worked properly from the start!

Hope you get the charge removed.

0 Ratings
MikeyJay
Beginner
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

There is most certainly a problem.  I recently changed service providers from Tesco Mobile to BT but opted not to port my old number across to BT Mobile.  Trying to change that number I mistakenly deleted my profile and then went to re-register SmartTalk using my new number on my iPhone6.  No joy!  Getting all the error messages mentioned by the other posters and what's more when I log in to BT My Account and then select My Extras/BT SmartTalk App/Manage service I get the following error message:-

Sorry we can't access your BT SmartTalk account.

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but this part of bt.com is currently down while we make a few planned improvements to your service. We'll be back up and running very soon.

It's been like that for the past 3-4 days now so there's obviously something wrong somewhere and no amount of talking to India or wherever solves the problem!  Come on BT own up and get it sorted.

0 Ratings
MikeyJay
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution
Oh and yes I have deleted and re-loaded the app on my iPhone6!
0 Ratings
highlandbloke
Beginner
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

I'm getting the exact same unexpected error message on completion on my iPhone - do I need to contact support to have it resolved? I'm off on holiday next week and would like it fixed before then.

0 Ratings