Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 11 of 33

Re: SmartTalk - Failure to (re-)Register

Go to solution
Tried that - it gives me that option when I try to register (after telling me that I can't, because my mobile is linked to an existing home 'phone).

"System Problem - Sorry, we can't stop your service at the moment. Please try again later".

It's been like that since at least last Thursday, so I'm guessing "later" means something else in this context...
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

I had the 'later' message several times today.  The refresh point came mid-afternoon.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

A truly non-linear conversation... 🙂

Yes, definitely the right account - I have no BT SmartTalk options whatsoever on my other one. Oh that I had :-))

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Well then, I'd go back to my previous post, and send a feedback from within the app to the Smarttalk team. Be sure to include your name and mobile number.

This sounds well screwed up to me.

AQ.

0 Ratings
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution
I'll try one last thing - re-activating my mobile on this account to see if that kicks anything into life that then allows me to ask it to shoot itself. Worth a punt. Otherwise, I'll try your in-app option, see if that gets anywhere (unless someone else stumbles onto this in the meantime).

Many thanks for wading in and helping, though!
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

Sorry I cant think of anything else. Someone else might be more switched on than me, so check back before you go to bed.

Ive had another issue of my own with the app itself, but more than you have had issues with accessing the a/c online, incluidng me for most of today.

Good luck then, and lets know how you get on.

AQ.

0 Ratings
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution
Will do - I've just reactivated, so I'm going to leave my account well alone and make sure that service request completes before I confuse anything by trying to cancel again. At the moment, the web site is giving the "We can't access your BT SmartTalk account, please try again in a couple of hours" message - so at least it thinks it's got something to do...!
0 Ratings
radii
Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

i think there is a way to go before this product is fully functional. its early days.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

@radii wrote:

i think there is a way to go before this product is fully functional. its early days.

The first half of the above is correct.  Launching a product where the customers cannot apparently access it easily such as Prof Yaffle, seems to be plumb daft to me, and no doubt by now, to him/her as well.

AQ.

0 Ratings
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution
Concur - I wouldn't mind if this were a beta test, pre-release, trial, with dedicated feedback and support to iron out the bugs. But it's been launched with fanfare all across the tech press, which changes the complection to me. My company would be rightly reamed if we launched something as seemingly clunky as this to our retail punters.

Anyway, let's see what happens..
0 Ratings