cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CasselMC
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

SmartTalk app not working.

Hi - I had set up 5 users (me, wife and 3 kids) a few years ago. My app wants to restart activation process (same for my wife’s phone) and stuck on ‘call home number’ section. The msg says 5 users already registered. MyBT won’t allow me to remove existing users/save changes. So I’m stuck with app wanting to call home number! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Michael
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: SmartTalk app not working.

Welcome to this user forum.

Please read this page, as it should help you

BT SmartTalk issues

You just need to temporarily block the ones that needs re-installing, and create a new BT ID for those phones.

0 Ratings
CasselMC
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you Keith - I saw that link on other posts and keep receiving this msg “You are not connected to your home BT Residential Broadband connection.
If you think you are connected, then try this link Forumhelp”. Also, I tried to block my account on our MyBT account but doesn’t seem to allow me (eg everytime I go back in to settings it shows as unblocked and same user settings as before). Cheers Michael
0 Ratings
CasselMC
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi again - forget first part of my response ... my VPN was on so didn’t think I was connected to my BT broadband. 2nd part of question as above.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

That looks like an account issue, as you should be able to block a phone number, as its part of the process of changing a phone. This does seem to happen with some people, I have no idea why.

Fine about the issue on my website. It is restricted to just a few domain names, as the webserver runs here, and the content is only intended to provide help to BT Broadband users, which is why you were redirected to my other public website.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 8

Hi @CasselMC,

I'm sorry to hear that you can't remove the numbers online. We may have to do it manually on our side to free up the space. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. Make sure you switch to full site view instead of mobile or else you won't see the contact option.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
mattleblanc
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Do sure you change to full site see rather than portable or, in all likelihood you won't see the contact alternative.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@mattleblanc You're replying to a thread that's nearly three years old. During that time the BT SmartTalk service was discontinued.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings