Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Smarthub 2 wont disconnect from Wi-Fi x and Fon

You could of course use a third party router, as they do not transmit BT Wifi/FON, but as you are on G.Fast, they can be expensive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 16

Ive looked Keith, the only one I can see that you can actually buy easily is the Asus one, but at over £200 is out of my budget. There are some modems sold on Alibaba but there does not seem to be an easy way to buy them.

I find it really frustrating that there is no user setting (in the smarthub) to turn this off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

I will give that a try now Keith, I did see it but forgot so thanks for the reminder.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Sent the e-mail Friday and got contacted today (i didn't expect a weekend reply, so this is a quick response)

They say they have started the process to disable it, I will be interested to see how it goes and will post when it does.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

This seems to have worked (emailing B.T.) the Wi-Fi and Fon have gone, but here does seem to be two channels still transmitting, they don't have a name but are represented by three asterisk '***' one for the 2.4Mhz channel, and one for the 5Mhz channel despite the 5Mhz being disabled.

Does anyone have any idea what they are and why they are still transmitting ?

0 Ratings