cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zedbiker
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Smarttalk no mobile phone signal at home.

Go to solution
I have just transferred to BT and would like to use the SmartTalk App. To set up you need to be at home and then enter the PIN number sent to your mobile. Unfortunately I don't get a mobile signal at home so I don't seem to be able to set this up.
I tried to get some assistance via the Chat assistance but gave up after waiting for 20mins. Before I try again I wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-pd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smarttalk no mobile phone signal at home.

Go to solution

Hi Zedbiker,

The PIN is delivered by an automated call to your landline. See How do I register BT SmartTalk on my smartphone for the first time? for help registering.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Zedbiker
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you pd. If you read section 7 (3 of 3) it says you will receive a text message with a pin which you enter into the app which links the mobile. This is the stage I am not able to complete as I do not get a mobile signal at home so I am unable to receive the text.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Take your phone into an area where there is a signal, then you should get the PIN number. You can then enter it into the app.

It valid for 30 minutes, which should be enough time to locate a signal.

0 Ratings
Zedbiker
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks Keith
Not an ideal solution but I guess it's what I will have to do. I live out in the middle of the moors so will need to drive for 15mins to get to a layby with a decent enough signal.
Thank you.
0 Ratings
-pd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi Zedbiker,
If you're on O2 or Three have you tried their wifi calling apps (Tugo/Three inTouch)? Might allow you to receive the text to your mobile number over wifi.
0 Ratings