cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwf142
Message 1 of 9

Smarttalk on Andriod stopping normal calls in car

When in the car I cannot dial out anymore with smarttalk app installed on my android phone, I think its because it is asking if I want to use Smarttalk or Normal network. Have deleted from phone all working again,

Now how to I delete smarttalk from my account, went to mybt and no where is there a stop smarttalk link as suggested by the help screen.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smarttalk on Andriod stopping normal calls in car

you could when you try and make a call select 'make this default action' at bottom and then select phone.  this way it will always select phone when you make a call.  this won't make any difference to smarttalk as you need to start the app before you can dial a contact - selecting when there was the choice of phone/smarttalk will not connect the call but will start the app.  you then need to dial again to get smarttalk to work

only helpfull if you want to keep the smarttalk app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Imj,

Thats good thinking.

I spent ages trying to find the options on the app to do that, such a simple solution Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
dwf142
Message 4 of 9

I couldn't see the app running it seemed to just be there I will reinstall and see if I can figure it out.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@dwf142 wrote:
I couldn't see the app running it seemed to just be there I will reinstall and see if I can figure it out.

when you go to make a call do you get a choice of smarttalk or phone?  if so you get a choice at the bttom (tick box) to do this action and if you select phone when you try and phone it will automatically select your mobile.

if you want to use smarttalk then you need to start with the app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dwf142
Message 6 of 9

ok just tried it again, once installed the app cannot be killed and whenever you dial a number it brings up the action screen where you choose if you default to say dialler and not smartcall you don't get presented with the screen anymore so are stuck on dialler ie normal gsm. If you go to the smartalk app directly it will allow you to make a call via wifi but doing so seems to reset the defaults again so it starts asking again.

Have deleted again so I can use it in the car again. It needs an option to default to GSM when on Bluetooth.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
somersetbob
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Open the app and then press the options menu button on the phone (left hard key on Samsungs) This gives you the settings menu which allows you to unselect SmartTalk as the default phone.
Then when in the car it works only on GSM - I had the same problem first time I tried a call in the car.
0 Ratings
ProfYaffle
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

If anyone works out how to actually permanently stop SmartTalk, though, please do let me know - as the OP said, there is no option to do this from the web site, and the in-app option merely removes all users and doesn't delete the service from your account. I'm trapped in a circular SmartTalk Service Hell.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi ProfJaffle

There should be an option in the App to stop the service and that will permanently remove it, if you've any trouble get in touch via the email form in my profile and we can take a closer look - failing that, we can remove the service from our side once we have access to your account.

cheers

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
0 Ratings