cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Some files are not backing up on BT Cloud although they show in the local back up folder

Hi.

Not all of the files set to back up back up automatically while others do. Are there some rules about what will or won't back up?  It is a pain to remember to upload them manually.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Facherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Some files are not backing up on BT Cloud although they show in the local back up folder

@johnj there is a fairly long discussion about this (and many other issues) at https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Mac-stops-before-backup-is-comple....

One of the factors identified includes the use of punctuation in filenames.

0 Ratings
johnj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Some files are not backing up on BT Cloud although they show in the local back up folder

Thanks. I have looked through most of this and not found anything to help me. It seems to be quite a lot of complaints about BT. I've checked the missing files and none have punctuation. A couple have turned up in My Documents instead of the correct folder under all my files. I'm not too worried as long as they are there somewhere if I need them but do feel I need to check regularly to see that they are there  - which I shouldn't need to do.

0 Ratings