Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenryMorgan56
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Sony Xperia E Registration

Go to solution

I've just bought my wife a new phone for use on her BT Mobile account because her existing HTC phone was old (like me!) and very slow.

I am however having problems registering it for internet on the mobile network. It's fine on wi-fi and no problems with calls or texts. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sony Xperia E Registration

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Can you describe what exactly is happening?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
HenryMorgan56
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your response

Okay. The set-up wizard on the phone requires you to state what network you are on to register it and BT Mobile Consumer is one of the options. The wizard then attempts to do so but after a minute or so returns a message stating registration failed. After a number of attempts the phone received a text from BT acknowledging that registration has failed and suggesting a visit to bt.com/settings. Having visited the page it appears to be considerably out of date and although Sony is listed as recognisable phone manufacturer all the models listed appear to be several years old.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

See if BT's helpline for mobiles 0800 032 2111 can assist. If they can't, please report the details here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
HenryMorgan56
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Unfortunately I've been down that route without success having been told by the lady that answered (off-shore I suspect) that the only advice she was able to give was for HTC phones. When I requested to talk to the 'technical helpdesk' she advised me that she was the 'techical helpdesk' Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Par for the helpdesk course I'm afraid, but it's always the first place to go. I'm asking another forum member with personal experience of BT Mobile to see if there's anything he can advise.

--
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Try a quickie; select Vodafone as BT runs on the back of that and let us know.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

These are the settings.

Name BT GPRS

APN btmobile.bt.com

Proxy not set

Port not set

Username bt

Password bt

Server not set

MMSC not set

MMS proxy not set

MMS port not set

MMS protocol WAP 2.0

MCC 234

MNC 15

Authentication Type  PAP

APN type default

The actual network provider is Vodaphone

HenryMorgan56
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks PP. I'm beginning to feel the Community around me Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
HenryMorgan56
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Alan. I did consider doing that as I realise it's really just a rebadged Vodaphone platform as is my BT service mobile. Smiley Wink I trry that later when 'er indoors' is 'indoors'

0 Ratings