cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Sorry, Something went wrong error

Good evening,

I am trying to access the My BT app to adjust the group controls for my children's devices, but the app keeps giving me an error message that says 'sorry  something went wrong. Please try again later'

I hhave changed my password  deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone (S23 ultra), I can login on a laptop and I can access the admin settings, but the app keeps crashing.  The app worked perfectly, until I updated it a few days ago.

Is there any way I can access the settings?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sorry, Something went wrong error

Hi CCharley

I get this error as well. It looks like BT have broken their app.

I can't view my products nor test the speed of my connection through the App

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Ewan, 

Thanks for the reply - it was only after the app forced me to update that I had this issue! 

Hopefully it can be fixed asap!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

This is a common problem with the "MyBT" app and seems to have spread to the "MyEE" version as well.

While you wait for a fix that may never come, you might want to consider managing screen time or app access at a device level instead.

Both Apple and Android devices have Family settings built in which give you far more control over what can happen on a device and when it can access the internet.

Google (Android) have Family link: https://families.google/familylink/ 

Apple have a wide range of tools with full parental control: https://www.apple.com/uk/families/ 

You mention Samsung, they use "Family link" as an Android device, more info here: Parental controls available on your Galaxy phone or tablet (samsung.com)

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi stereohaven

How do I Test whether I am receiving at least my minimum guaranteed broadband speed?

I thought you could only do that using the app

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Morning, 

Thank you for coming back to me. I have tried this as a solution, but my children are all teens and far more up to speed on this kind of thing than I am!

The difficulty I have is that devices are not limited to phones - we have phones, laptops, tablet computers, gaming consoles ect and setting a time for the wifi to go off has worked for us as it stops them accessing the internet when they are meant to be studying.

Hopefully the app will be looked at and this issue resolved!

Message 7 of 8

Understood @CCharley, if in doubt pull the plug out!

@Ewan1 You can use any speedtest service you like, but you are right that BT only really recognise the one in the app.

I have just done a speedtest in the app, which did work, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the app first as it wouldn’t let me in.

Have you tried that?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi stereohaven

Yes I have tried installing an reinstalling, without success

0 Ratings