Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niagh01
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Storage Space Discrepancy

Go to solution

When i view what storage space i have used on the dash board it shows 455MB, however when i go in the Cloud, under "My Files" I have used approx 200MB and there is approx 50MB in deleted files. In order to do some house-keeping I deleted a lot of files permanently and new files were then uploaded. I don't understand why there is approx 200MB discrepancy between the dashboard and what is showing under "My Files". Do I need to check other areas in the Cloud for files that I may have saved, or do you need to refresh the dashboard.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
niagh01
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Storage Space Discrepancy

Go to solution

Problem resolved by online BT helpdesk. I didnt realise you couldn't back up PST and OST files. Once they were deleted, discrepancies were removed. 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @niagh01,

I'm glad to hear everything is sorted for you now. Thanks for coming back and letting the rest of the Community know how to fix this.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Actually, you can back up .pst and .ost files however, like all files which are frequently modified, you shouldn't back them up directly or they will invisibly use up your allocation as a new version is backed up every time the files change.

There are work arounds to minimise this invisible allocation use.

0 Ratings