cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Switching to Norton

Go to solution

Having problems switching. Where is the Switch  to Norton mentioned on BT website to select if you are an existing BT virus protect customer so you then get to Manage? It doesn’t appear on my new laptop.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Switching to Norton

Go to solution

Did you read this post?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Important-updates-to-your-virus-and-passwo...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I had read that post. Of no use whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

There should be a big yellow banner when you log onto your MyBT and you may have received an email about it however the change over is being done in batches so you may not be getting changed over at this time.

Are you the BT Broadband account holder and are you showing as such in the "Account Details" section?

Did you check in "Your Security" section of your MyBT ?

Have a look at this link and sub links

What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Have had big yellow banner.

am account holder

checked security - nothing has Switch to Norton anywhere.

I already have McAfee installed.

I’m not technically minded but had no trouble installing McAfee.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Re: Norton Upgrade and McAfee removal

Go to solution

When I clicked on the uninstall McAfee it just seized and nothing happened. Rebooted and clicked skip and then installed Norton. This was at the 7th attempt having abandoned trying for a few weeks. Don’t know now whether to go to uninstall McAfee or leave it til expiration date.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mcc21, welcome back, and sorry that you're still having difficulty changing over to Norton.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this resolved.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I am not having difficulty anymore. Just need to know if I need to actually uninstall McAfee now or leave til expiry date. I needed help in February when I made several attempts to change to Norton and even used your chat line which was of no help.

Norton is now working on my laptop and have done a full scan.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mcc21, thanks for posting back to clarify the situation. 

You don't need McAfee when you have Norton so you can uninstall it or leave it until the expiry date. 
If you need help to remove it can you confirm your device and the operating system for me?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Acer laptop with Windows 10.

0 Ratings