Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 6

TV Anywhere - one device position locked out

Go to solution

I would be grateful for some mod support on this as both chat and phone support have been beyond hopeless.

For the last two months I have had only one device position out of two available on TV Anywhere. I removed a device some time ago, but even after 30 days have been unable to add a replacement device into the slot - the site always asks me to try in '1 day' but the date and time to try is always todays date & time. A padlock shows in the second device position, and the message at the top of the page states that I 'have to remove one of the devices below before you can add this one' when trying to add a new devices.... except there is only ever one device and a padlock shown.

Trying a chat conversation has been totally pointless. The first script reader claimed to have 'reset the connection' and 'not to worry as it will be working in 24hrs'. Of course she had done nothing and it was just to get rid of me as it was 10.45 at night. The next night the guy didn't even try to answer my question (probably because he could see what his colleague hadn't done the previous night) and booted me straight to the Blackburn help centre. The guy there was trying to be helpful, but it became clear very quickly that he could do nothing except relay information that is already on the help pages. He said there was basically no support for the app, it should 'just work', and he had run out of ideas. He said he would try to raise to the TV Management Centre when he was next on shift, but nothing has come of that and I suspect it was another 'can't do anything so get him off the phone comment'.

There is clearly a problem with my account as the permanently padlocked second position appears on every device I have tried (phone, ipad & IE browser) - who on earth knows anything about freeing it up?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV Anywhere - one device position locked out

Go to solution

@Colin_London  the moderators will be aware of your post so check back tomorrow for their or a BT TV App expert advice.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London,

I'm sorry your having problems changing your devices on BT TV Anywhere. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks (again) PaddyB - contact form filled in & sent.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to RobbieMac for getting the Padlock removed - I can confirm I have been able to add my second device now Smiley Happy

I think the lesson I am learning with any problem that is slightly out of the ordinary is to, unfortunately, skip the Chat & Phone helpdesks and come straight here as the Mods seem able to get everything done that needs to be done straight away Smiley Very Happy

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey @Colin_London

Nice one!  I'm glad I could help you get this sorted out and I'm sorry the entire process took longer than what it should have.

Enjoy your weekend Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings