cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

The BT Homepage

Where is the best place to encourage discussion about the BT homepage?

Clearly BT customers NEED a place to see the latest news and product info from BT but the current homepage is - in my opinion - dire, and drastically in need of an update.

Realistic views sought......

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: The BT Homepage

I must be getting directed to a different BT.com page than you get.  The page has links for Products, News, Sport, Tech & Gadgets etc.

What more do you want?

chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the response, No, we are talking about the same homepage.

The products are simply adverts encouraging you to upgrade your existing package, most of the news is chronically out of date (only yesterday I was reading an article relating to forthcoming snowy weather - only to realise that it was two weeks old). The sport holds no interest for me, but I accept that many will find it of use - but only if it is timely.

Many of the ads that are on the page, or on pages that open when you click on a link, are either for foreign products (why would I want to see items priced in $dollars when I am in the UK, or are simple clickbait and are at best distractions and at worst bear no relation to the actual link originally clicked.

The search bar - enhanced by Google - is sometimes a joke, and is more driven by ads than helpful suggestions. As an example I have just typed "PCWorld" into the search bar expecting to find the first suggestion appearing as the well known company allied to Dixons and Currys. No such luck, it was third in the list after John Lewis and PC World.com - the US company.

In my opinion it is a very poor page for a paying customer of a major communications company.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@chrisb05 wrote:

Thanks for the response, No, we are talking about the same homepage.

In my opinion it is a very poor page for a paying customer of a major communications company.

If you feel it is so poor why do you use it. There is absolutely no need to use BT as your home page. You can select any webpage you want to be your home page.

If you want to access your BT email and normally use the email button at the top of the BT Home page just save the log on page as a shortcut or favorite.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I use it because it is the only place where you get important announcements about products and services. i.e. I would never have found out about the BT Mobile service, or the introduction of the HomeHub5 had I used another page!

There is a need for a customers' home page, one that contains imprtant information of use to customers, but the current homepage is not that place!

I fail to understand why the pages contain old news.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I agree the BT Home page is poor, that is why I can not understand anybody wanting it as a home page. If you want to see the products and services you could just go to that page now and again to check without it being your home page however that is obviously your choice.

If you log onto your MyBT you will find information on latest announcements, products and services that may be of use to you. 

0 Ratings