cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailab

Go to solution

my BTID and email address are different - does that mean that they have to be the same to be able to download Norton and get security sorted before my mcafee runs out? followed all the instructions that have been posted but don't seem to be able to get anywhere - do I have to ring up to get this resolved?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unava

Go to solution

Hi @treacym, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you're getting this error trying to update to Norton. Have you followed the process to Change Your BTID Username? You can change your BT ID username and security details at any time by logging in to My BT and selecting Profile from the Settings link.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unava

Go to solution
Thanks for your email, I have changed my BT id now to my email address as suggested, gone back in to My BT to the security page clicked on the link Manage on BT virus protect but now getting server errors, is it now just a case of keep trying?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @treacym, thanks for changing over the username to the email address, and sorry you're now getting this error.

This message was appearing for some users yesterday but it should be resolved. Please would you try again and post back and let me know if it's now working ok or if you're still getting this error.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Oh dear, finally managed to get Norton downloaded, McAfee uninstalled, however, now cannot connect to the Norton server during installation.  I have tried multiple times without success - looking at the norton security  its falling over during quick scan at antispyware either as well or causing a connection failure.  This isn't filling me with any confidence that Norton is going to be able to cope going forward.  I now don't appear to have any working virus protection.  HELP please

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @treacym and thanks for posting.

Hopefully this is sorted but if not I'll be happy to lend a hand. If you're still having problems I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Wasn't getting anywhere with it, Norton had part installed but when you looked at the icon it had a red cross against it.  Decided to uninstall and restart the whole process again, this time it worked although server error did come up quite a few times.  Followed all the on-screen instructions and now I believe I am fully installed - system does keep coming up with extensions to be installed which i have done and also installed password saver so I think I am now sorted.  Many thanks for your patience and assistance on this, very much appreciated. 

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @treacym,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings