cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droopa
Beginner
Message 11 of 33

Re: Today's Cloud Update 10/01/2017

The new Mac version still doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I try to run it, just as with the previous version.

Look - if I may put it bluntly, but fairly. If Dropbox can produce a box that works,  if Apple can, if Google can, if Microsoft can. Why on earth can't BT? If you can't do it yourselves, hire one of them to do it for you. But please, please sort this out and do it now.

0 Ratings
davidgom
Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Same problem usage gone from 39 to 79Gb.Cannot find a way to mass delete and start again.

0 Ratings
spbond
Contributor
Message 13 of 33

Having given up on all previous BT Cloud clients I've decided to give the latest client a go.

All installed OK - Tick!

All cloud content deleted (let's start from scratch) - Tick!

Cloud Sync and Backup folders created and the client configured accordingly - Tick!

Sample 7GB file copied to Backup folder - Tick!

BT Cloud Client begins to backup the file to the cloud - Tick!

Backup complete? - No. After over 5 hours.

The Backup symbol on the dashboard is still rotating which I assume means that it's still backing up or something's gone wrong.

How much time can I possibly waste with this service? Why is something that should be so easy to implement such a mess?

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 33

Tried it and confirm on W7 it no longer puts a SYNCRONOSS entry in my startup file.

backup speed very slow less than 500mb per hour on Infinity 2

the interval doing nothing between file loads is longer than file loads which take around 4-5 sec for a 2 Mbps JPEG.

interval between loads is around 12 to 15 secs.

My Archive folder has loads of individual sub folders however not one Smart folder was created so the old problem of a great big morass of pictures is still there.

have paused it as I estimate it will take weeks to load up 43gb.

Desktop really stutters on PSD and TIFF.

Tried the web version and the circle spins and spins and spins and spins.

just off to clean up and delete everything.

defintely the last time I use this product.

0 Ratings
davidgom
Contributor
Message 15 of 33

If you manage to delete all without doing each individually let us know.Cannot bulk delete it's absolutely useless. Where is the help from Bt?

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Hi davidgorn.

I also found that I could not delete the old repository from the 'All My Files' list, but if I clicked on the repository I wanted to delete, e.g. the old backup I could then delete the files folder by folder. Not perfect I known but it only took a few seconds.

My old repository is now sitting there empty so although not ideal at least it is no longer taking up space.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 33

Hi Davidgom,

no I couldn't do a bulk delete using the IPad App, it wouldn't do more than about 12 at a time. Couldn't even get to the web version at all. 

Did about 300 in batches then got delete error and couldn't do any at all.

might. Have a look in a few days to finish deleting .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
martinclayden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Essentially the same problem here.

Seemed to me that the new update did not attach to, link to, or recognise the backup set created by the previous version.

So it set about creating a new backup - a lengthy, space wasting exercise. In addition (fortunately perhaps) the new backup is created under a new name on the Cloud server.

Unfortunately I get an error when attempting to delete the old backup set (in an effort to make enough space for the new one)

I reiterate the previous posters comment "An explanation is required quickly"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 19 of 33

@martinclayden wrote:

Essentially the same problem here.

Seemed to me that the new update did not attach to, link to, or recognise the backup set created by the previous version.

So it set about creating a new backup - a lengthy, space wasting exercise. In addition (fortunately perhaps) the new backup is created under a new name on the Cloud server.

Unfortunately I get an error when attempting to delete the old backup set (in an effort to make enough space for the new one)

I reiterate the previous posters comment "An explanation is required quickly"

Not so much an explanation, but more of a "how it is". Smiley Indifferent

You must use the web application, not the desktop application.

When you have located your old backup folder, go into List View.

Obtain a listing of each file, and then select each file.

Then click on "more" at the top.

Select "delete" to delete your selected files.

Now here's the tricky bit:-

Go back up to the all folder listing, then empty the "deleted" folder.

You will then see the rotating circle, which will go on to eternity if you let it.

Use the windows "back" arrow to return to the main BT Cloud menu.

(Note that if you are deleting files which are in the sync folder, all Cloud will do is resync, so you delete files in the sync folder if you want to, or as required).

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 33

Managed to get on via the web link.

Deletions are slow to say the least, even 1 file took nearly a minite.

After several batches of deletions couldnt do anything , the circle just spins and spins.

Talk about making a bad product worse.

There is little doubt that the SYNCHRONOSS platform is wholly unsuitable for use, exemplified by the amount of time it takes BT to try and cobble something together that might work.

A great pity that the F-SECURE product we had will not be made available to us again, at least that worked.

0 Ratings