Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 21 of 33

Re: Today's Cloud Update 10/01/2017

@Cicero wrote:

Managed to get on via the web link.

Deletions are slow to say the least, even 1 file took nearly a minite.

After several batches of deletions couldnt do anything , the circle just spins and spins.

Talk about making a bad product worse.

There is little doubt that the SYNCHRONOSS platform is wholly unsuitable for use, exemplified by the amount of time it takes BT to try and cobble something together that might work.

A great pity that the F-SECURE product we had will not be made available to us again, at least that worked.

Yes, I got the spinning circle episode after emptying the BT Cloud deleted folder.

Then used the Windows browser back button to return to the main listing.

All deleted files now gone. A bit of a muddle, though.

Another muddle:- if you have files uploaded from another pc, you can delete them, but you can't delete that other pc's empty folder. Fail safe in some ways, but not in other ways, if you see the meaning.

Hopefully once the old Cloud files are removed and storage space is recovered, the the new Cloud will be better organised.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
martinclayden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 33

OK, so all the files are now in the "Deleted Items" folder which leads me to the next point:

If I select "Empty Deleted Items" I get the fail message "we encountered some errors while purging deleted items"

Ticking just one folder and selecting "Delete Forever" gets the fail message "An error occurred when deleting the folder(s)"

Selecting Restore for either one or multiple folders within Deleted Items achieves nothing, not even a fail message

If Deleted Items did not count as part of storage then this would be a minor issue, but it does, all 170Gb of it 😞

Talk about a waste of space !

Martin

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 23 of 33

@martinclayden wrote:

OK, so all the files are now in the "Deleted Items" folder which leads me to the next point:

If I select "Empty Deleted Items" I get the fail message "we encountered some errors while purging deleted items"

Ticking just one folder and selecting "Delete Forever" gets the fail message "An error occurred when deleting the folder(s)"

Selecting Restore for either one or multiple folders within Deleted Items achieves nothing, not even a fail message

If Deleted Items did not count as part of storage then this would be a minor issue, but it does, all 170Gb of it 😞

Talk about a waste of space !

Martin

Sorry, but you double posted, and I only looked at the main topic.

However, have tried the first step of deleting indivual files, not folders? You can't just delete folders of old items, under the old BT Cloud system. That's how it is, perhaps not how it could be.

If you delete files then they go to the deleted items listing, and then you must delete those.

I'm not sure if you have grasped the fundamentals of how things are.

Perhaps you have, but until then, there's more steps to look at later.

0 Ratings
martinclayden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Well, all the items in "deleted items" are folders - there are no individual files in there

I cannot empty "deleted items"

Ticking just one folder and selecting "Delete Forever" (or just right clicking on the folder name) gets the fail message "An error occurred when deleting the folder(s)"

0 Ratings
RichardK
Beginner
Message 25 of 33

Yes, I have the same problem with folders in Deleted Items not being deleted - I posted on this myself yesterday seeking assistance.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 26 of 33

@RichardK wrote:

Yes, I have the same problem with folders in Deleted Items not being deleted - I posted on this myself yesterday seeking assistance.  

Must be a problem then......

I can only delete individual files, as previously posted. i.e. arranging each folder to display individual files.

Then delete from the BT Cloud folder which named as "deleted", shown in the "all files" display.

I can't delete folders, as such.

Something is amiss.

I use Windows 10, I.E11.

0 Ratings
martinclayden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Good Luck - seems nobody is at home in BT land!

0 Ratings
Grumpy63
Beginner
Message 28 of 33

Hi, I also did the update, resulting in increasing my BT Cloud storage from 45G to 90G. I had two identical repositories, but could not delete any of them. I firstly attempted to contact BT Help in india, he said I had to unistall my BT Cloud software and start again. Well this did not work, I unistalled BT Cloud, but the two repositories still remained. I then found that I could delete all the files in the cloud, but still cannot get rid of these redundant REPOSITORIES.

Any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
davidgom
Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Hi have done as you did repositories still there,downloaded cloud again now stupid app doesn't recognise my password.This is a total shambles.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Hi All,

We’re aware of a problem some of you will be having with BT Cloud, where your computer will have backed up twice. You may have noticed that the amount of storage you’re using has recently increased, or that you can see the same computer listed twice in the All My Files section of BT Cloud.

We’re really sorry for the confusion we’ve caused you here, and our engineers are working to fix it. Over the next few weeks we’ll automatically merge these duplicate PCs together – this will bring your storage back down to normal and tidy up your All My Files section. In the mean time you don’t have to do anything – there’s no need to try and fix the problem yourself by deleting one of the repositories (though don’t worry if you have – it won’t cause any issues).

It might take a few weeks before your account is tidied up (we want to make absolutely sure we get it right). Until we do fix your account we’ll temporally increase the amount of data you can store on BT Cloud if you get close to your quota limit, to make sure you don’t run out of BT Cloud storage space as a result of our error.

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work through this issue.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings