Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaShadow
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Trouble Opting Out of BT WiFi and BT WiFi with FON

Go to solution

Hi all,

Recently upgraded from BT Unlimited Broadband (copper) to Infinity 1 (fibre) - now called Superfast Fibre Unlimited.
As part of the upgrade, we received a new Smart Hub v6, and so got rid of the old Home Hub 3.

The new Hub is broadcasting BTWiFi-X and BTWiFi-with-FON SSIDs on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. We were previously opted-out from this for many years when on copper - I have no interest in broadcasting these additional four networks.

In our BT account, we are opted out of BT WiFi under the Manage Extras section.
We have also tried opting in and back out, but there has been no change.
The Hub has been restarted, and factory reset/restored from backup, also no change.
I understand there can be a "waiting period" for it to be disabled, but I refuse to believe it can take so long.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trouble Opting Out of BT WiFi and BT WiFi with FON

Go to solution

Hi @MaShadow,

When opt in to and opted out again, it can take up to 28 days for the system update.

When did you receive the Smart hub and has 28 days passed from you last opted out?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
MaShadow
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thinking back I don't think we opted in. I think we just told it to opt out again even tho it was already opted out. It's been 3 weeks but with a whole family of 4. We arnt getting alot of Internet speed as the WiFi fon stuff is hogging it all
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @MaShadow,

Thank you for posting back. I can take a look to make sure its been opted out correctly on the network side of things.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @MaShadow,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

I've been checking your BT Wifi access and noticed that the last change was on the 23/07/2018. It can take up to 28 days from that date to reflect. However; I'm getting it looked into for you as you did say you've done it before. I should hopefully get an update later in the week. As soon as I do, I will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @MaShadow,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today. As advised, it should be deactivated over the next 72 hours.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings