cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveduk
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

True Key - Awful Support - Actually suggestion of support is being too kind...

Hello,

When first joined up tried it, didnt really like it or use it, but I thought I really should have better passwords so would use the app....

Issue one : I've forgotton my masterpassword. 

Problem: Webchat tell me you don't supply the app:

*EDIT* 

I tried Macafee who tell me BT support it, and provide link back to chat or a phone number....

I tried that, and what a joy it was.... 4 transfers later, eventrually  I am told just uninstall it from my phone, that should delete it....

At this point, my head hurts from banging my head off the table....

Is there anyone who can help?

As it stands now, sometimes, I get the reset your master password option and it lets me type in a new password onto mobile, but then gives a "something has gone wrong" message or i Get this option is unavailable.

I am loathed to ring again (given my last experience) I am not going to chat, as the last agent was sure you didn't even provide the app.....

Ideally, can some one at BT just delete my true key profile?

Am I asking too much?

Yours frustratingly.....

Stephen (Man with sore head!)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
steveduk
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: True Key - Awful Support - Actually suggestion of support is being too kind...

Seriously.... Complaints just called me regarding an email I sent about this. Again they tell me they can't provide support 3rd party apps and they don't offer true key.

Again I refer the agent to the broadband extras...

So a complaints person calls me and does the thing I complained about. They've realised a called back for tier 2 and want to close my complaint. I've asked the.. To leave it open until it's resolved but that's not. Possible.

More head butting of the desk is the result.

This shouldn't be this hard...
0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: True Key - Awful Support - Actually suggestion of support is being too kind...

Hi there,

I was able to get McAfee to delete my truekey profile by live chatting with them on their support website. I confirmed some account details with the person on live chat, and they said someone would call me back in three days to confirm my account was deleted (they leave this window in for security, to give time time to check its not a malicious request to delete someone's account). They were true to their word - they did call back three days later, and at that point I was able to re-register with no problems.

https://truekey.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact
0 Ratings
steveduk
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I tried Mcaffee online and by phone and they tell me they don't have access as its all controlled by BT.... so I seem to be somewhat stuck.... I will try them again.

@ mods - thanks for editing the original post - but if its not too much trouble, any chance you could also help? Assuming your here to do that too?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @steveduk,

If you haven't had this sorted we'll take a look into it for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on the contact the mods link. It'll take a couple of working days before we can get back in touch with you but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings