cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: True Key problem

Go to solution

Hi @logicearl,

I tried calling this evening, sorry I missed you. McAfee have confirmed the contract end date is a cosmetic issue which won’t affect the service. If you on a Windows version  minor than 4.14, then please run the update  manually from the command prompt as per message 14 on this thread and wait a few days for TK to be automatically updated.

Once updated to v4.14 the expiration date should disappear. If it’s still there after following those steps let me know and I’ll get it raised the engineering to fix.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @logicearl,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Has the True Key problem been resolved for you? Can you let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
logicearl
Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Appologies, been away, but will see if the workaround that you mention works today.

0 Ratings
logicearl
Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Ok ran from the cmd prompt, but this was all I got.

C:\Users\*****>C:\Program Files\TrueKey\McAfee.Yap.TkUpdMgr.exe
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

It does however state that the app is Version 4.14.103.1

Its still telling me that I am on Premium,  Your premium subscription ends in 12 days    April 7, 2017

One slight difference from before now is just below this message is a renew option, which if clicked offers me two options to either subscribe or to use my premium code. If I enter the code that I have, it says accepted, but if I then close and reopen TrueKey, it still hasn't changed anything.

So I guess I will just have to leave it for a couple of days to see what happens.

0 Ratings
logicearl
Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Well I have left it for a couple of days, and its still telling me that its Premium and that my subcription will run out in 9 days.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @logicearl,

The countdown dates you're seeing match the subscription end date which is a cosmetic issue. I've passed this back up the chain to get some further clarification and will be in touch once I get any updates.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
psykix
Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

Thanks for posting @logicearl,

The countdown dates you're seeing match the subscription end date which is a cosmetic issue. I've passed this back up the chain to get some further clarification and will be in touch once I get any updates.

Cheers

David

It's not a cosmetic issue. Every month mine runs out and I have to reenter a premium key - which is fine when at home, but when it expires whilst you are out and about and needing to log into a website is a pain in the rear!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scampy
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

I also had the Master Password issue, and being passedback and forth between Intel and BT, BT saying they can't help and Intel saying it's not their job. But that little fix that came out did wonders. It has been working like a dream, until...

All the Windows Apps suddenlt put me back down to Freemium (not just a cosmetic warning, bang! 91 logins down to fifteen) Entering the Activatikon code appears to work, it validates and congratulates me for becoming Premium, but it does not upgrtade and I stay limited.

I have uninstalled and resinstalled. I have tried leaving the desktop app uninstalled and entering the activation code into the Chrome Extension. Then tried using the Edge extension to enter the code. And always the same.

However, the android app installed on my phone and tablet is fully working and recognies me as premium.

Intel refuse to help, and Prandeev from BT online chat phoned me back to say I would need to pay a technician to come and fix it!!!!!! (I was fuming)

I tried telephoning BT support via the number given from the nasty Intel guys, but during out of office type hours the number goes through to a lovely department who genuinely do want to help but kmow nothing about it at all other than what is on the support pages.

Has anyone found a solution, I now have most of my passwords changed to randomly generated ones and having to read them from my phoneto access siktes on my PC is killing me! lol

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

@scampy Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @scampy,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry that I didn't get speaking to you. My colleague investigating the issue have asked for a few more details. I have sent you an email, please drop us a reply when you get a chance.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings