Up until the other day, I had been using True Key without issue, now today all of a sudden I cannot log in using my master password. I contacted BT this morning to ask the why question, to be told that BT were aware of the problem, and that it will be sorted out. I said, oh so I've spent the last couple of hours trying to find out why I couldn't log in, even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. So asked why isn't there any notice about this on the BT website, "oh I'll get them to put an update on the main website, hmm. Anyhow there is still no notification on their website. So I'm left wondering is this for real, or just "fake news"!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks all for posting. You can get helkp with this at What is the True Key app? so can you take a look through that and let me know how you get on?
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
Sounds like the problem I had at the weekend, Windows True Key gave me 'oops something has gone wrong' or something similar. Logging into the Android app gave me invalid password don't know how that happened.
I reset the master password was still not able to log into the Windows TK, but I could log into Android. I reinstalled several times no luck, finally deninstalled manually removing remanants of the the program from various directories. I found after that an Intel/MacCrap service was still running evening though I'd already uninstalled it. Found the folder the service was running from ran the installer program from that directory. Then reinstalled True Key, and now back up and running.
As for BT still waiting on the constant premium subscription expiring every month to be sorted they are aware, yeah so are Intel/MacCrap and their help is about as good and useless as BT's.
I don't see what that helps, with the problem I and others have in regards of True key!
So far I have uninstalled it 4 times, and deleted any remnants from the PC, including the registry, reinistalled and guess what it still doesn't work, it still tells me "X something has gone wrong" when entering my master password.
I then went on to reinstall windows 10 afresh, so installing True Key should have worked, yes?, well no it didn't, it still tells me "X something has gone wrong".
So now what?
Still have the same problem myself on windows 10 laptop also after re installing still working on android phone. Will have to go to the trouble of getting passwords manually from android so I can transfer to another app.
I forgot the other step I took after I reset my master password using Android TK app, was to remove any other trusted devices like my PC with the Android TK app.
Yeah I have a backup as well in Norton Identity Safe which I've used for years, thought I'd give True Key a try but it seems to be a pain.
Ok, so I've managed to get it to work, well sort of.
1. Uninstall True Key from your PC. Then let the PC restart.
2. Providing you have True Key installed on your mobile, you have to disable any devices other than the mobile in "Manage Trusted Devices".
3. Change the Master Password in "Change Master Password".
4. Now go back to "Manage Trusted Devices" and select "Install on another device". An email will be sent to your email address thats linked to True Key.
5. On your PC open your email client, and click the link "Install True Key".
6. Accept the download and install.
7. Then go through the install process as you would normally, adding your name email address, and the new Master Password. You will be told that the email address already exists, and do you want to login using this address. just accept.
8. You will then be sent an email to confirm its you (Access Requested), just select "Confirm Access".
9. You will then have to login using your email address and new Master Password.
This was the only way I could get it installed and working. The only fly in the ointment is that it now says "Your Premium period ends on April 7th 2017.
Thanks just tried it and it works.
Have managed to get premium back by using key fro My Bt extras download Truekey page. It all seems to work OK at the moment