cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: True key - expired?

Hi @mike_rb1,

Thanks for taking the time to send in your account information.

You mentioned that your account is showing as the "Freemium" version. Can you try the below steps and let me know how you get on. These same steps should work for anyone else that is having the same issue.

1. Logging intowww.bt.com/mybt using your BTID and password
  2. Go to My Account by clicking Download from either the True Key or BT Virus Protect tab
  3. You'll be taken to the My Account portal where you can copy or take note of the Activation code. You can also find the activation code on a Key Card
  4. Open up your True Key app in one of your devices
  5. Go to Settings
  6. Select True Key profile (which will be set to free)
  7. Click Free under Subscription
  8. Paste (or type) in the Activation code
  9. Click Activate Premium

Let me know how you get on with these steps?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Thanks Matt,

Success!  I worked through the steps you spelled out. I am now back to Premium with a statement "You're Premium through your suscription to BT". I wouldn't have found the way without them. I usually struggle to find what I want on "My BT" anyway.  It's hardly intuitive to find your account details by clicking "Download".  There was a difference in what I found in my True Key Settings/ True Key Profile. There wasn't "Free" under "Subscription", but there was a button "Renew". I  clicked that and was able to enter the Actication Code, that I'd copied from "My Account".  I haven't come across a "Key Card" relating to my BT.

Thanks again, hope it works for others.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Hi @mike_rb1,

Glad to hear that the steps work 🙂

@roger06 do you want to give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Hi Matt,

My Truekey app notified me today that I am now on a ‘freemium’ account.

I followed the instructions that you provided but it didn’t work in my case. Do you know If the matter is a BT issue? I have an ongoing BT subscription.

Thanks

Mark 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Hi Mark , This is how it worked for me :    I have true key on my windows pc (chrome browser) , my iPhone and iPad. I was unable to use activation code on phone or iPad but on the pc using chrome browser I managed to activate true key back to premium . I then had to log out of the app on phone and iPad and then log them back in again . Everything was then all back to premium and working fine . Hope that helps .

Pete.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Thanks Pete,

Almost the same setup with me, except for Android phone. I logged out of phone and iPad, got the activation code from the BT site. Pasted it to where it goes on the Truekey app. I got a message stating that I was now premium. But nothing changed...
I might ring BT and see if there are issues at their end.

Mark
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Hi Matt,

This problem started for me today though it's slightly different in that it's now saying I have a 'Freemium' account with only 15 login records allowed.

I've used the process you described to re-insert my activcation code and it accepts this but does not change back to 'Premium'.

It does still have all of my logins stored, but I'm scared to try adding a new one in case I lose them all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nigel

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Nigel, your situation is identical to mine. Added the activation code but still says freemium. You can export you current logins as an Excel file and in an emergency could re import them. Look under settings.

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Hi Mark,

Thanks, I found that and have just done it.  At least I feel more secure.

Let's hope the guys at BT come back to both of us with a solution.

Nigel

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Interestingly, it just let me add a new login, for this community ironically.

It's very odd.

0 Ratings