Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Unable to Opt out of BT Wi-fi

Hi,

I do not need most of the "extras" but BT Wi-fi is one that I particularly wish to NOT have, but it's enabled by default.

I've tried many times over several weeks to opt out of BT Wi-fi via MyBT and I always get the same series of messages.

Whenever I try (in MyBT) to manage broadband or landline extras I get a YELLOW banner message......
"Sorry something's gone wrong
We're not able to get back the status of your extras right now, please come back later"

If I disregard this message, scroll down and then click on Manage BT Wi-fi I get a RED banner message......
"Sorry something's gone wrong
There's been a problem while processing your request.
We have registered this problem and will be looking into it shortly."

Re-booting the hub (6A) makes no difference.

I have also tried (several times) clicking on the Opt out of BT Wi-fi on MyBT mobile app but I get exactly same RED banner message as above.

I tried (13 Oct) emailing the request to bt.wifi.admin@bt.com as suggested in a recent forum post, but unfortunately no response.

Would be very grateful if you can help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to Opt out of BT Wi-fi

looks like you need mod help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Looks like you're correct @imjolly 

Hi @rogc ,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems opting out of WiFi. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you. I've sent you a private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Send me over the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rogc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks David,

Details sent

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @rogc,

Thanks for taking the time to send in your account information. Sorry about the problems you are having opting out of BT Wi-Fi.

I have opted you out of the BT WiFi service and your hub will stop broadcasting the BT Wi-Fi signal within the next 28 days.

Can you let me know once the hub stops broadcasting the signal?

Thanks

Matt

rogc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Matt, will do.

0 Ratings