cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to access BT WiFi hotspot

My father is a BT fibre broadband customer and hasn't disabled WiFi hotspot access. He's temporarily in a care home following an operation and I've been trying to set up his phone and laptop to use the BT WiFi hotspot in the care home through his BT account. Unfortunately, despite the fact that my phone connects to the access point, neither the laptop or his phone will. Both connect to the AP at my house using his account details.

On the laptop I seem to be able to connect to the BT WiFi AP but when I try to get the BT login page I get (at almost 'light speed') a DNS error followed by a 'no internet' message.

Whilst there is a VPN on both devices, I've ensured they're disabled until the connection is made so I'm sure that's not a cause. Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to access BT WiFi hotspot

Make sure you select BT Broadband in the account dropdown on the login page, it defaults to BTwifi.

btwifilogin.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to access BT WiFi hotspot

Unfortunately, I don't even get that far - the BT login page won't load and I just get a DNS error followed by 'No internet'

0 Ratings