cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

Unable to configure Parental Controls (Unavailable state)

Hi Guys,

For a few months now we've had a problem with BT Parental Controls. For some reason, we are unable to configure BT Parental Controls (Since a DNS problem last year) from the My BT portal.

We currently get this:

bt1.png

When viewing a blocked website, we get the BT filter screen which indicates that the light policy is enabled. But when trying to turn off filters/allow the website (Using the 'Allow Access' button on the blocked page), we get this after logging into our BT Account (Which owns the broadband):

bt2.png

This is a problem I've seen posted on here before, whereby the account holder's controls are stuck in the "Unavailable" state..

I've tried the Indian callcentre but of course they were useless as they always have been.

Please can a Mod get in touch and look into this/pass onto the relevant departments? I've only been able to get issues sorted through here before, despite giving the BT Contact Number a chance as I've done on this occasion.

Thanks,

Chris

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to configure Parental Controls (Unavailable state)

@chris6273 Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community, that message would normally mean you're not logged into MYBT using the primary BT ID. Can you check the guidance on this link to ensure that you're logged in to the primary ID? Post back and let me know how you get on.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@NeilO wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Neil.

We can confirm that we are logged in using the primary BT ID. We only have one BT ID belonging to the account.

The account holds all of our packages (BT Mobile, Broadband and PHone)

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@chris6273 Send over your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the 'click here to contact the mods' link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings