cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laidbach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Unable to download Extra

Hi all, and I hope that you're all enjoying the sun when showing.

I have a problem that I can't see the answer to in this forum. Perhaps one of you kind, knowledgeable members might be able to help.

I have just renewed my B.T. affinity 1 (fibre optic to hub) contract, and am trying to set up the B.T. net protect + - via - McAfee anti virus. When I click on download I get a fraction of a second screen saying 'please wait' and that's it. I have tried using a previous download from McAfee but it says the code has been used and to start again - then repeat as above.

I have tried removing another free a/v prog. to no avail, but want the official B.T. (McAfee) download.

All other programs, broadband,  phone line etc., fine.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to download Extra

If you have previously had McAfee on your computer did you use the McAfee removal tool. If not it could be that you have remnants of the previous download still on your computer.

You should run the tool then try and download the product again.

See link about the Remval Tool

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview;jsessionid=vGS3LHijjxSfwozsMXGa7bicG...

0 Ratings
laidbach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to download Extra

Hi, gg30340 D.Sage,
Thank you for your reply. I now have more B.T. conn. problems, and will continue to remedy with your suggestion later.
Thanx,
laidbach
0 Ratings