cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oakserver
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unable to enable web protect or parental control

For the last few days on myBT I am unable to enable web protect and parental controls says unavailable.

BT chat can't help. I've tried lots of different browsers without success. Same problem.

I'm running out of people to talk to. Are there any mods that can help me?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to enable web protect or parental control

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
oakserver
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi @oakserver and thanks for posting.

I can help get the web protect and parental controls sorted for you. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
westwallpoma
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Struggling here ... I'm having the same issue as noted here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/Re-Unable-to-turn-off-BT-Web-Protect/td-p/17459...

Using Chrome, clicked on the "No thanks" and it went ahead and enabled it.

And now I have no option to turn it off.  Through the course of several online chats, I've had advisers try to talk me through installing Norton (?), BT Virus protect etc, until it finally became clear that BT Web Protect was the issue, then try to talk me though removing it (then sounding surprised that there's no option to removed it - which was the original problem in the first place).

Someone promised to phone me back on Wed ; but I'm truly not confident that anything will be resolved.

This started on the 12th ; I renewed my contract the same day ... I'm 10 days into my cooling off period.  Is there any chance a mod on here can sort the issue out before I have to go ahead and cancel? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings