cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Unable to login to BT Cloud from desktop app.

Go to solution

Hi, up until a couple of weeks ago when I started up my home desktop PC, the BT Cloud app would start up automatically and sync my files. Now, when my PC starts I get is a window requesting a username name and password. When I enter my username and password, the window 'blinks' and asks for my username and password, again.

I can login OK from various desktop browsers on my PC and from my mobile phone app.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to login to BT Cloud from desktop app.

Go to solution

Hi @vtr  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you are having a problem with logging into the Cloud on your PC. You would be best to contact the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 (9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun) as this team are be best placed to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
vtr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John, I had already contacted the 'Cloud helpdesk' before posting on here. Although they took over my PC to see what was going on, they were unable to help and said they would pass the issue on to the tech guys. I was told I would be phoned back about it and arranged a day and a time suitable to Me. The call back time passed and no one called. Then a few days later someone phoned to ask me what my problem was. I explained everything again and was told I would be phoned back the next day. Guess what? I still haven't had a call back.

It's probably been two weeks now since I first reported and I'm no closer to a resolution.

I can now see why the general public have very little faith and trust in the company.

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@vtr I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vtr  thanks for sending over your details and sorry this has not been resolved yet. I've checked and there is an open complaint with the Cloud team so I will leave this with them as they are the best team to help with this.

I've emailed the product team for the Cloud to see if they can offer any assistance and urge for this issue to be fixed for you. Keep the thread updated and if I hear anything in the meantime I'll update you.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vtr  the Cloud team have told me they have been back in touch with you and this case has been resolved. Are you able to confirm the fault has now been fixed? Post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
vtr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Hi John. After at least four 'no show' phone calls from the support team, I decided to have another look at my PC myself. After some head scratching and a bit of delving into my memory banks, I decided to have a look at the security setup for Internet Explorer and found that bt.com was set to 'always block'. Changing it to 'Always Allow' appears to have cured the problem. I was then able to log the app in and sync my folders as before. But don't ask me why!! When someone did eventually call asking if I still had a problem, I informed them that I had sorted it. They didn't want to know what I had done to fix it!!!
Cheers
Peter
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vtr  thanks for the update and information on how you managed to get this fixed. It may be of help to others in the community if they have the same problem.

cheers
John

0 Ratings