Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allatsea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Unable to login to BT Wifi Hotspots

Hi, My first post on this forum.

I'm a BT Broadband customer and my @btinernet address and password work ok when I use them on a computer at home.

But when I try to connect my phone to a BT Wifi hotspot I can't get access.

The phone says it's connected to Bt Wifi ok, but I can't get a login page which works.

When I try accessing the internet with the phone I get a BT webpage that says "not a BT Broadband Customer?" and it gives several options for buying access and a link to "BT Wifi".

When I go to the "BT Wifi" link there is a further link "My account". When I click that I end up back at the "not a BT Broadband Customer" page. So things just go round in circles.

The phone will connect quite happily via wifi to my secured home hub, but not to the hotspots created by the home hub, when the results are the same as above. The home hub is opted in.

It's all very frustrating!

Can anyone offer any suggestions please

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Unable to login to BT Wifi Hotspots

when you try and login did you go to I'm a bt broadband customer and then login in with your primary emal address and paswword.  there is a post at top of this board by mod Stephanie about btwifi login

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
allatsea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Thanks for your reply injolly.

I've tried the advice by stephanie but no success.

The first page that loads when I try connecting to the internet is entitled "Unlimited Wifi from BT". There is no link for an existing broadband customer and the only link there is is to "BT Wifi Website". When I go to that the only relevant link is to "my account" and when I try that I end up back on the "Unlimited Wifi from BT" start page again.

So I go round in circles.

Any other suggestions please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Have you downloaded the BT wi-fi app to your device?

NB/ There are a couple of users types for this service,

BT customers [for whom, subject to fair useage] its a free service.

3rd parties who 'buy' the minutes from BT.

The service doesnt know which category of customer you [the user] is; therefore you have to log in as one or t'other. Hence imj 'log in as a BT BB customer'.

That said, if you download the app, the process should be automatic for you.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
allatsea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Thanks Alanquatermain for your suggestion.

I did try getting the app but none of the versions were suitable for my device.  What I sem to need is a BT Wifi webpage I can go to which has the options for me to choose. None so far have options which work.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

What device do you have?  The app works on android, ios, blackberry.............

AQ.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Have you seen this............

http://www.btwifi.com/help/login-with-bt/index.jsp
AQ.

0 Ratings
allatsea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

It's an Orange Sydney, which has a proprieary operating system so not one of the mainstream ones like Android etc.

Admitedly it's a budget phone but it works well with wifi in all regards except for BT Wifi.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

have you tried connecting to the BTWIFI signal from your own hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
allatsea
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Yes and it's the same problem.

It will connect without problem to the secure side of the home hub but not to the public bt wifi hotspot side.

0 Ratings