cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Unable to turn off Web Protect

Go to solution

I just received an email telling me Web Protect has been enabled on my BB line.

I did not do this myself and I don't want it enabled.

I followed the link to turn it off (Manage Broadband/ Switch Off Web Protect). This brings up an operable pop-up message with 'Leave Web Protect On' or 'Switch Off'. Selecting Switch Off (or leave on) does nothing.

Same behaviour on different browsers/devices/with cleared cache so it seems to be an account issue behind the scenes. 

Swift help much appreciated, thanks!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Unable to turn off Web Protect

Go to solution

Hi @jb82,

I'm sorry to hear that it won't turn off for you. I've seen it work for others first hand so I know something else has gone wrong for you. I'd like to look into this for you. I'll send you a private message with some info that I need.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 3 of 16

Unable to disable BT Web Protect

Go to solution

Since BT Web Protect was automatically enabled I have been unable to disable it via the Security settings.  I get the "Leave Web Protect on/switch it off" buttons in the popup window but clicking" switch it off" does nothing at all.  Have tried in multiple browsers on multiple devices (IE/Edge/Chrome on Win 10, Chrome on Win7) in case it was browser specific.

Anyone else experienced this?  I noticed someone else posted about Web Protect being enabled and that they could turn it off OK so just wondering. Disabled ad blocking as well.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Re: Unable to disable BT Web Protect

Go to solution

Try logging in to your MyBT, go to Manage my Extras and turn off your BT Web Protect there. 

Remember to allow about 2 hours for this to take effect.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Not working for me either. Tried to switch it off on multiple browsers but the “are you sure…” dialogue box simply won’t accept a Yes click. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Lumens, welcome to the forum and sorry you are experiencing this problem also. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Not working for me either. Tried to switch it off on multiple browsers but the “are you sure…” dialogue box simply won’t accept a Yes click.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @toucanbird, welcome to the forum and sorry you can't get it switched off. I've also sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Unable to turn off BT Web Protect

Go to solution

Im having an issue with a program on my pc which isn't able to connect to the internet as its being flagged as a 'not secure connection'. Ive looked on google and it seems to be a common problem with people who have BT internet. The fix is to turn off BT web protect but when I try to turn it off on my.bt.com it won't allow me to click the 'switch it off' button. I click the 'switch off' button then a window pops up with 'leave web protect on' and 'switch it off' but neither options do anything. It should open another window when I click 'switch it off' which says it can take 2 hours for it to register to turn off and I'm not getting it. I have tried multiple browsers, chrome, firefox, edge and safari as well as trying it on my pc and MacBook but I get the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Re: Unable to turn off BT Web Protect

Go to solution

Hi @Hutchi, welcome to the forum and sorry you are unable to switch off webprotect. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings