cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Unable to use BT Cloud

Tried everything I can think of but my BT cloud shows the 'one time meta data installation....' message.  Been showing it for about a month.

Doesn't seem to sync anything.  Getting slightly concerned as have a heap of stuff in BT cloud I do not want to lose, and a heap of stuff to back up.

I can see various posts but can't see a clear cut solution.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Alex

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to use BT Cloud

@SeanD  - any chance you could post the resolution to this issue instead of that humongous thread.  I work in software development and I can't get this to work, so imagine there are others less knolwedgable to me that are also struggling.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi @alexburt1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with the BT Cloud service. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll raise a case with our BT Cloud team to get that looked into.

You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@NeilO  @SeanD 

Still can't make progress with this.  Have tried everything in all the threads.   I can get it working with the old version, but it makes me update BT cloud to the new version which does not work.

I view this as a paid for service (I pay a bit more for BT to get the space for backups).  The web version is a terrible user experience so view the client as essential.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Non functioning BT Cloud App

So I have been promised a resolution in 24-48 hours

Will keep you guys informed and thanks for advice so far, fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Re: Non functioning BT Cloud App

Very impressive how quickly this site is moderated, considerably less impressive how quickly issues are resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@alexburt1wrote:

Tried everything I can think of but my BT cloud shows the 'one time meta data installation....' message.  Been showing it for about a month.

Doesn't seem to sync anything.  Getting slightly concerned as have a heap of stuff in BT cloud I do not want to lose, and a heap of stuff to back up.

I can see various posts but can't see a clear cut solution.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Alex

Alex, you do know that you can still log in to see and download your files, even without without installing BT Cloud on your PC, don't you?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

yup, that was when i realised files were missing!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

One time meta data initialisation - BT Cloud

I am now well over a month into the one time meta data initialisation blockage, on one laptop (used for about 6 hours every day).

On the other laptop I have tried everything I can to get round this message.  Other posters have provided advice but have not managed to resolve.

BT moderators have asked for details and been provided by me but have not had a single response.  I have tried the BT helpline who promised a response in 48 hours... nothing.  Am posting the summary here as will start a formal complaint tomorrow (as should anyone else who still has issues.).

Thanks

eScreenshot 2021-08-16 162504.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Re: One time meta data initialisation - BT Cloud

Hi @alexburt1,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with @PaddyB today.

As Paddy let you know, @NeilO is out of office until the start of September. I am sorry that we weren't able to reply to you sooner. I've turned his private messages off for the time being.

Take care for now and have a great night.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings