cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Unable to use BT login to join BT WIFI hotspots

I’ve been a BT customer for 5 years now and have never been able to join BT WIFI Hotspots as my userid/password for my BT.com account is not recognised… 

Am I using the wrong credentials? Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to use BT login to join BT WIFI hotspots

have you tried logging into the BTWIFI from your own hub and see if you can connect to that before trying outside  just disconnect from home network and try to connect to BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi thanks for the quick response. I’m not at home at the moment so I’m unable to try this. I’ve just reset the password on my bt account and checked I am using the correct user name but it’s made No difference .
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

the best place to start and iron out problem is with your own BTWIFI  then you know you have correct sign in to then connect when out and about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I did have a btopenzone email as my account id originally- now it’s a personal email address so wonder if that is the cause?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Try using your BT Openworld email address and password. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thank you but I have and this doesn’t work either 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Try calling the BTWifi help line 0800.022.3322 who may be able to work out what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @dras79 Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems accessing BT Wifi.

Have you ever opted out of the BT wifi service? You can check this by logging into MyBT with the account holders BT ID, click Your Products then scroll down and click on the Learn More link beneath BT Wifi. On this page, you can see if you've opted in or out of BT Wifi and opt back in if needs be.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thank you NeilO… you may be onto something but likely I need to ring BT to find out what…. Here’s what I got…

F5B5F729-CB0E-46E0-B5C0-5A4471E3ADF3.png

0 Ratings