Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Upgraded to HH3

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to a new HH3 and all seems well except for one issue,BTWIFI.

As far as as i can tell i am opted-in to the BTWIFI and FON service however my hub setting show these option as deactivted and does not show up  on the Windows wireless list.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgraded to HH3

check you are still opted in  https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do;JSESSIONID_btv=5cVDPVGL4XN76Gbj1Dwbrsn3Gw4nldcTTzhrccGlDC9L...

if opted in then could take a few days for your hub to update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanaks for the reply.

I checked that  page earlier,shows "opted-in" ,had a feeling it might be a case of just waiting for the hub to update.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

It's sometimes been reported that a restart of the hub is necessary to kick BT Wi-Fi into life. You need to leave the hub for a few days to stabilise; if BT Wi-Fi isn't showing after Easter try restarting it, but only once. If that doesn't do the trick please come back here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Same here. My Inf 2 went 'live' same day. HH3 shows BT WiFi not activated on my HH3 but when confirming my status via the BT website, it shows I am opted in.

I can also access BT WiFi when out and about too.

I think the HH3 is a poor piece of kit tbh. I read on a help page that the thing doesnt always handle multiple wireless connections!? Seriously?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I was supplied the HH3 when I moved to BT very nearly 18 months ago.

It has always reported:-

BT FON:Not active on your BT Home HubActivate service

despite a fair number of attempts to activate it.

However, whenever I check on the 'BTWi-Fi' my status, it shows me as being opted inSmiley Surprised

Earlier this morning I decided to call the Help Desk on 0800 022 3322 and try to get to the bottom of things.  After the representative listened to what I had to say, she said she would carry out some line tests, and after a few minutes she came back and asked what version of Home Hub I had, so after establishing that it was definitely a 'HH3' she said that the 'BTFON' option was not available on my hub!!!!!

I find that VERY hard to believe, as I've seen other threads on here where users were complaining about not being able to turn off 'BTFON' option on their 'HH3' Smiley Surprised

For the record, can one of the BT 'Gurus' who reads this confirm if my 'HH3' does or does not have the facility to enable/disable the 'BTFON' option, especially as it's shown on the Home Menu of the hub?

Here's the information from my Hub:-

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+058720+1121033264
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 15/12/12
4. Board version:BT Home Hub 3.0A
5. ADSL uptime:0 days, 21:05:59
6. Bandwidth:1139 / 7814
7. Data sent/received:0.0 / 0.5
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT FON:No
10. Wireless network/SSID:BTHub3-32NS
11. Wireless connections:Enabled, (802.11 b/g/n (Recommended)) 20 MHz, WPS enabled
12. Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. Wireless channel:Automatic / 11
14. Firewall:Default
15. MAC Address:94:fe:f4:64:b2:46
16. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
17. Line profile:Interleaved
18. Software variant:-
19. Boot loader:-

If it does support enabling of 'BTFON', how do I get it activated?  Do I need to resort to a 'hard reset' of the Hub with paper-clip on the back panel....or......?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

From what I see, you dont opt in or out of BT WiFi via the HH3. You do it through the BT web page. You click to check your status and this shows whether you're opted in or out.

Im opted in so it gives me the option to opt out. Presumably if your are opted out, it gives you the option to opt in.

0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Sorry, haven't made myself clear.  I don't have an issue with opting in or out, that works fine...and I'm happy to be opted in, as I use the free Wifi on occasions when out and about.

My issue is with the homehub not showing or allowing me to activate the 'BTFON' service on it, despite numerous attempts to get it to.

Take a look at http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/Does-HH3-Support-BTFON/td-p/827682 where I've started another thread and hopefully it may become clearer.

0 Ratings