cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregm
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Uploading to cloud with Linux bash script?

Go to solution

Seems the only way to upload data to the cloud is to use the Windows/Mac client or a browser. Pretty useless imo.

Is there any way to upload data from Linux using a bash script or some other utility (Non GUI)

If not can this be added as a feature request?

I've got 500GB of cloud storage which is as good as useless.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Uploading to cloud with Linux bash script?

Go to solution

Hi @gregm,

Sorry- BT Cloud doesn't currently support non-GUI uploads, and it's not something that's on our 1 year roadmap.

Thanks very much for taking the time to let us know it's something you'd like to see - it is a feature request that periodically pops up on our forums, so it's useful to get a sense for how many people are interested.

Realistically, the number of users who would benefit from a non-gui interface is very low (it's just the proper techheads like me), and so I'm not going to be able to prioritise this feature in our roadmap for as long as I have a list of other feature requests that have more mass market appeal.

I'm aware that this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I wanted to be honest about the chances of seeing this feature in the near future.

Thanks,

Joe V (Senior Product Manager, BT Cloud)

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings