cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCumper
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Videos backed up from iPad - upside down.

Go to solution

Randomly - some of the videos automatically backed up from my iPad to BT Cloud - are upside down.
Any reason for this?
Anyone else experienced this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Videos backed up from iPad - upside down.

Go to solution

Hi @TimCumper,

That's a very odd one - not something I've ever seen before. Are the videos that are coming through upside down recordings made using your iPad camera, or did they come from somewhere else? Also, have you ever used any video editing apps on the videos (on your iPad)?

Thanks,

Joe

TimCumper
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi JoeV, many thanks for your response.

On checking today - the situation seems to have resolved itself.

0 Ratings
TimCumper
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi again JoeV,

I spoke too soon.

it seems that the problem is only on my laptop - running windows 7 - opening the desktop BT Cloud folder, the same random videos are inverted - but not when I log into the BT Cloud itself - these do not seem to correlate with videos edited with iMovie - all are in QuickTime format - some ok, some inverted.

i do not have videos uploaded in any other folder, from other devices - so no comparison to be made.

Using BT Cloud apps on iPad and Android phone - all is fine.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the extra detail! From the detail you've shared it doesn't sound like BT Cloud is what's flipping the files upside down. The BT Cloud software for Windows just downloads exact copies of the original files to your PC (it doesn't do any processing to the videos at all).

This suggests to me that there is either something on your iPad which is marking these videos as being 'upside down', or that the video playing software on your laptop is choosing to display some of them upside down.

My suggestions of things to try would be:

1. Try opening one of the 'upside down' video files with a different video player. As an example, if you've been using Windows Media Player then try using VLC.
  2. Try downloading the video file directly from the BT CLoud website. To do this, go to https://btcloud.bt.com/, find the video file in question, and then download it to your PC.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Tim,

Apologies - I should have done a proper internet search before writing back to you!

A quick google suggests that the problem is actually that Apple don't encode a 'right way up' into their video files in a way that Windows computers can read. This means that when viewed on a Windows computer, the way up the video appears will depend on which way up your iPad was when you recorded the video. There's more information on this in this telegraph article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9648571/My-iPhone-video-is-upside-down.-Is-there-a-way-...

Thanks,

Joe