cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dihogg
Message 1 of 4

View BT Anywhere on Laptop Problems

I have been having problems watching BT TV online on my laptop.  All I receive after buffering to 100% is a black screen.  No TV

I have followed all the online help suggestions.  I have tried various browsers chrome, firefox, microsoft edge. I have upgraded silverlight. I am using Windows 10.

I talked to BT "chat" both broadband team and BT TV team and neither are able to resolve.

I can access it fine on the app through my mobile so it is not an account setting issue.  It must be my laptop settings, which BT advise me to take my laptop to a computer shop to resolve!!  They are unable to tell me what basic settings my laptop should have to enable the service to work so I can check it against my laptop.

Very frustrating, can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: View BT Anywhere on Laptop Problems

@dihogg wrote:

It must be my laptop settings, which BT advise me to take my laptop to a computer shop to resolve!!  They are unable to tell me what basic settings my laptop should have to enable the service to work so I can check it against my laptop.

Very frustrating, can anyone help?

As you say, it's your laptop and BT cannot possibly have staff trained in every possible combination of device & software to provide machine-specific support.

It's either going to be an issue with your software or the video card or the proecessor not being up to the job. 

0 Ratings
dihogg
Message 3 of 4

I would partly agree. However, BT sport plays fine as do all the other tv viewing sites such as BBC Iplayer on the laptop. The only one that does not is BT TV.
0 Ratings
Michaelszabox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Did you get it sorted.. i have exactly same prob. Works for sport on laptop not for bt tv.. they tell me its a silverlight prob, called passing the buck really, as use to for fine for sky go, and every else works
0 Ratings