cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSymonds
Message 1 of 3

Want to backup windows folders to BT Cloud - files all backed up but not in folders

I want to use my BT Cloud Storage as a backup location for all folders and files on my Windows laptop.

Currently my files are all backed up under the single location "Documents" on BT Cloud, which makes it hard to find a particular file to restore if I should need it as I have many, many files and many folders/sub-folders.

I do have a BT Cloud Folder location set on my laptop but there is nothing in it and if I try and change it to a different folder I get an error "We're not able to save your BT Cloud Folder.... Please choose another location" but I think this is BT Sync anyway (???) and would just store a second copy of my files on my laptop.

Can BT Cloud be used as a backup location with easy to use restore capabilities? Or should I look for something else?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gspearson
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Want to backup windows folders to BT Cloud - files all backed up but not in folders

I'm in the same boat.  I'm coming up to contract renewal so trying to work out my spec for comparison.  I would like to use BT Cloud as I have  well over 500Mb of stuff at risk - all on my desk top.  But when I tried it some years ago it seemed to make another copy of everything on my hard drive and then take years to send it up to heaven.  I did not feel I could trust it.

Does anyone use it regularly, up and down?  Is there anywhere that explains how to make it work?  Or should I buy a back up service?

0 Ratings
trevbrierley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Want to backup windows folders to BT Cloud - files all backed up but not in folders

I just tried it again and remembered why I stopped using it a few years ago!

I tried it out with a folder with 5 sub-folders with 13 files spread through them.  All I got was a list of 13 files - no problem if all my folders had only a few files, but some have over a hundred in each sub-folder.  If I back up one of those I'll get a list of 500+ files!

Unless I'm missing something, it's completely useless. 

Back to Google or One Drive for me.

0 Ratings