cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toebeans
Message 1 of 3

Websites blocked, but I haven't switched on parental controls?

Everytime I try to access certain websites such as Reddit and Tumblr, BT blocks it and says my filters don't allow it:
reddit has been blocked by BT Parental Controls because the account holder has Moderate filters on." 

It then asks me to put in my details and then another message comes up

"You are not authorised to manage this Parental Controls service, please contact the account holder."

- But the thing is I didn't have parental filters on! I actually went on my BT account, which also happens to be the account holder, and actually turned filters on, customised it to allow everything, including the websites I want to access, 
but it's still blocking my access and giving this message.  

I have run Malwarebytes and no viruses have showed up on my PC. I asked my techy friend in Tennessee to take a look on Team Viewer, I waited until 2:00am and by then this "parental control" had turned itself off? 

But now it is back. 

What on earth might be going on? Is there spyware in my PC Malwarebytes isn't picking up?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Websites blocked, but I haven't switched on parental controls?

Now that you have switched Parental Controls on you should be given an option to uninstall them. Once you have done that

restart the home hub and your computer.If its a Windows computer, enter this command at a command prompt.

ipconfig /flushdns and then check the sites that were blocked.

0 Ratings
Dave3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Websites blocked, but I haven't switched on parental controls?

Same here, but turning off the controls and re-starting the hub seemed to work. I too wondered if it was a virus as the box that asked to report the blocked site would not take the correct username and password.

0 Ratings